Overdose — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Overdose

pedlar
pedlar Community member Posts: 10 Listener
My daughter who has aspergers, ADHD, anxiety and severe depression constantly tries to take her own life, it is heartbreaking to watch, no matter what we say she keeps doing it

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pedlar.

Welcome to our website/community.

I'm so sorry for your problems are you currently having any help/support ???

We have got plenty of info on our website that may be off help to you ????

We also have got a number off Advisors which I can investigate for you if that would help ???

There is also a very active Online Community which I can point you towards ???

Please please let me know how you feel ????
  • pedlar
    We have no help or support other than her regular 2 monthly appointment with her prescribing aspergers nurse, she is going through a horrible time I am so scared that I am not going to get to her in time when it happens

• pedlar
    Any help would be gratefully received by me, I don't know how much longer I can cope with it all
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Go back to get her GP and ask for more help?
  • pedlar
    The last time we saw the GP he told her to pull herself together and stop behaving like a spoilt teenager
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Is she under CAMHS @pedlar ?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • pedlar
    No they discharged her to adult services when she was 18 
  • thai2005
    thai2005 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    steve51 said:
    Hi @pedlar.

Welcome to our website/community.

I'm so sorry for your problems are you currently having any help/support ???

We have got plenty of info on our website that may be off help to you ????

We also have got a number off Advisors which I can investigate for you if that would help ???

There is also a very active Online Community which I can point you towards ???

Please please let me know how you feel ????

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    How are you all doing @pedlar
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • thai2005
    edited July 2017
    Hi @pedlar so sorry to hear about your daughter.  I have to adult sons with ADHD Anxiety and Depression.    I have tried my best to support them without support from the authorities all they do is let them down last year my eldest son tried to take his life twice.   I.  Myself have ill health and suffer with mental health both my sons are without support I worry everyday what will become of them if anyone can give me advice I'd be very grateful x
  • thai2005
    Hi @pedlar if you would like to off load please contact me i would be very happy  to listen take care x

• thai2005
    thai2005 said:
    Hi @pedlar so sorry to hear about your daughter.  I have to adult sons with ADHD Anxiety and Depression.    I have tried my best to support them without support from the authorities all they do is let them down last year my eldest son tried to take his life twice.   I.  Myself have ill health and suffer with mental health both my sons are without support I worry everyday what will become of them if anyone can give me advice I'd be very grateful x

• leecya
    leecya Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi @pedlar
    How old is your daughter now?
    My daughter overdosed 4 times last year and things have got worse since. She has anorexia nervosa, depression and is high functioning.
    Sadly things got worse when she was transferred to adult services as it's very different and not much help for them.
    She is currently on a section 3 and has been in an inpatient setting for 3 months with now no hope of coming home.
    I hope you get thw help you need.  I would go back to a different Dr  if that's possible. There are knowledgeable ones out there, not all are like the one you saw. 
    Good luck x

Brightness