My brother — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My brother

Splodge17napoli
Splodge17napoli Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi my name is Yvonne Clark, & I'm 44. I have two younger brothers with special needs, who are slow learners. Douglas is 41, & Michael 29. We also have a older brother David who'll be 46 next month. We lost our mum, when my baby brother was 12. Last year we lost our dad, so my older brother is their carer. I don't think michael coped losing our mum, at a young age, but the school was trying to help him, as well as our family, until he met a girl who messed his head, & he had trouble coping, & hasn't been the same since. I think he's found it harder since losing our dad, as they were a lot closer. He keeps getting himself in debt, & gets in trouble with the police through other girls . He's on file for harassing girls, but it hasn't gone any further yet, & we don't know how to help him. He was living with a lady who helps him look after himself, until he kept bringing a friend back to stay, which he wasn't allowed to do, so after several times got kicked out, & got moved out of the area into a bedsit. We don't know what to do to help him. Do you know what we can do to help him, as we're at the end of our tether. He's staying at my brother David's at the moment. Thank you. 

Comments

Brightness