Hi, my name is james1066! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is james1066!

james1066
james1066 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have just been informed my ESA has been stopped following a recent assessment. Non of my conditions have given me any points and I am now deemed fit for work.  I have type 1 diabetes, depression, and following a work accident 7yrs ago, loss of an eye, hearing loss, balance problems, ptsd, and I am taking morphine for pain relief.
I was assessed this time by a psysio but previously a DR assessed me and I was awarded the benefit.
Help.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    @james1066

Welcome to the site/online community.

I'm very very sorry to hear of your problems with your PIP assessment.

We have got a Benefit Advisor on our home page where we have got a Benefit Advisor & lots & lots off info that would be very good for you to start with.

Next we have got a very active online community which is also ideal for you to be honest.

Please please let us know if you need any further help/assistance.
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @james1066 and welcome to the community.

Have you requested a mandatory review?

It is likely you will need to take this to appeal, but need to request the mandatory review first. Instructions on how to do this and by when should have been included in the letter informing you of the decision.

If you have any questions about this it will probably be quicker to post it in the ask a benefit advisor folder.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• amanda8289
    amanda8289 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    Hi all I'm  new to the site. Got many health problems and i worry constantly and the dreaded medicals  always requested to  prove that you have a  health condition/conditions.  I'm  trying to avoid going to the centre and requested a home visit 
  • amanda8289
    amanda8289 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    Welcome james. This is the best place to get help and advice 
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

As @Geoark mentions, have you applied for a mandatory review? We have lots of information about appealing a DWP benefits decision on our website.

I've noticed that you have posted a question about this in our Ask a Benefits Advisor category, and that our advisor has now responded. I hope their advice is useful to you.

If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch!
    Liam

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.