JSA ESA Work help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

JSA ESA Work help

allisonreed
allisonreed Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi iam now on job seekers allowance I was on esa i have a learning disabilities plus bad legs and back just had a hysterscopy and they want me to find a full time job i cant barely look after my self 

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @allisonreed and welcome to the community.

Have you asked for a mandatory review, and if so gone onto appeal the decision yet?

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @allisonreed.

A very big welcome to you !!!!

Please please have a look at our home page where you will find lots of info.

We also have a number of Advisors who would be more than happy to help you.

There is also a very active online community where you can meet other people in similar situations as you.

Please please let us know if we can help you further.

• MikeBroderick
    MikeBroderick Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Hi @allisonreed:

I hope you are doing ok.

Is there any update? 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi allisonreed - 
    I'm not sure what has happened to your ESA claim but it sounds as though you may have had an ESA assessment but have not been awarded enough points to keep your ESA. If you haven't already done so, I suggest you contact the Scope helpline to get information about any local advice agencies that may be able to help you with this, as it can sometimes be difficult to manage the reconsideration and appeal process on your own. The Scope helpline number is 0808 800 3333. Even if you have no option at the moment but to claim JSA or Universal Credit (depending on where you live), bear in mind that the advisers or work coaches at the jobcentre need to recognise that you may have limitations to the work you can look for. If you need more advice on this, it may be helpful to post an update on the 'Ask a Benefits Adviser' part of the Scope site, and then we may be able to help more quickly.
    Hope this helps. 
    Jayne

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.