Hope to talk to others as I don't get out a lot — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hope to talk to others as I don't get out a lot

JillB
JillB Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm 61 years old, I have osteo/rheumatoid arthritis, spondylosis in my lower spine and fibromyalgia. I also have hypothyroidism. Some days I just feel like giving up but I have my family who help me.  I go for injections in my spine every 6 months or so which help a little bit.
It will be nice to talk to other people as I don't get out a lot.

Comments

• htlcy
    htlcy Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Hi @JillB and thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself. I'm so sorry to hear that you're having a hard time but I hope this community can help and support you. Feel free to have a look around: there's lots of categories and forums. Hope today isn't a bad day for you pain wise (I have a spinal condition and cerebral palsy so I know how difficult chronic pain is) and hopefully I'll speak to you soon! :smile:  
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JillB welcome to the community, we have a lovely community here and so I hop you can connect with others and get some support :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JillB

It's great to meet you, we have got a very active "online community"

You can "meet & great" many people who are experiencing similar problems as you.

We are all here to help support each other so please please jump in !!!!

Please contact me as I have had "Chronic Pain" since 2005 & we can share our problems/difficulties to date !!!!
  • haylou
    haylou Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi JillB,
    Hope things to do with your illness take an upturn, I felt so bad the other week I wished someone could give me a stronger painkiller and I began to think about years of pain ahead but doctor's always have alternatives if one painkiller has lost its effectiveness.Im in the middle of asking my doctor for an even stronger painkiller just for those really bad days so wish me luck.
    Don't give up, I have rheumatoid arthritis also it's a killer when it comes to pain

Brightness