getting blue badge — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

getting blue badge

jacko88
jacko88 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Any help.
Currently receive lower rate pip rate due to mobiltyour due to heart condition.
Can anyone get blue badge. 
Also had a revaluation of condition. As a have now got limited mobility in right shoulder due to total rotator cuff tear of the surpetuneous tendons.
Coupled with left knee mobility due to arthroscopic which is now stiff. Also to add reduced hearing in right ear due to a finroads in ear.
Or do I wait for outcome of all other issues other than heart before applying 

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @jacko88,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

You can find out more about the blue badge scheme on the government's website. There's also a handy list of contact details which you can use should you need to find out more information.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions then please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • harveysh
    harveysh Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Hi Jacko88

How did you go on with your application for a Blue Badge? I hope it was successful. In answer to your question yes anybody can apply for a Blue Badge but you must have mobility limitations to qualify.

In my case I was on ESA with support and not in receipt of PIP or DLA when I got my badge. I did have severe damage to my neck and lower spine along with COPD stage 2 and Occipital Neuralgia.

The key to getting your badge is to provide lots of information in detail and get supporting letters if possible from your doctor, hospital consultant/s and Physiotherapist.

Also, apply by post rather than online if you can. This is how I did it and I got my badge in just over one week from my local council. Living in Wales it was issued free of any charges too!

Good luck with your application.

Brightness