online dating — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

online dating

kerrygold
kerrygold Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am a carer of a lady of 24 with cerebral palsy, she's lovely lady and is really starting to get depressed and bitter with life, she's watching all her family grow up get married exc. She wants this too and feels she never will. She would like to meet someone and date, she's only ever had one boyfriend and she doesn't want one for the sexual side more I feel as a companion who she can date and cuddle exc, who knows for the future but for now she isn't age apropiate and doesn't feel she would want that but she knows her own mind and is very social, I just want to get her into dating world?  Any tips? We live in tiny town in grantham does anyone know of safe online dating sites? Any secure groups exc many thanks Kerry xx 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kerrygold it is an issue that we see lots of times and though there are some dating agencies that cater specifically for disabled people, there isnt one that Scope recommends.  

Does she have any social groups she goes to? Would it be worth having a look around to see if there are any accessible groups near her that are of interest.  Does she have any hobbies where she could meet new people, often it is great to make new friends and extend your social circle and relationships can build from there.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • RSW665
    RSW665 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    I'm a man but I can completely relate to how she feels. Have you tried online dating sites such as Plenty of Fish? I'm on it myself. I won't lie, it's not anything special and not everyone on there is genuine, but it's a starting point.

Brightness