Looking to meet other parents of disabled children — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking to meet other parents of disabled children

Options
NatzG2021
NatzG2021 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hey, I have recently joined to find some other people who have children or a child wth a disability. My son has spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy and is a twin but his sister is fine just has delayed development as they were 29weeks. My friends either feel sorry for me or brush off my sons needs and don't really make an effort except for a few who are my support system however they will never truely understand how it feels to have a disabled child and the emotional rollercoaster your life becomes. Would love to meet other mums and children 

look forward to chatting 

natalie & Ethan x

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @NatzG2021 welcome to the community, Im sorry to hear that your friends are struggling to understand how things are with you and your family, I have moved your post to Parents and Carers and so hope you can connect with some other parents in a similar situation to you.

Its a friendly space here to chat and ask questions, I hope you enjoy it on our community.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • zoe123
    zoe123 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Hi  @NatzG2021,

Totally understand your situation. I'm also first time mum and my baby girl has CP. She wasn't breathing when born. And nobody will ever feel what you feel as parent to disable child but we have to face it and work towards making them independent in their lives. I have also been looking to talk to parents in similar situation. I'm happy to talk or meet if you like to. Please PM me. xx
  • IndependentSupportServices
    IndependentSupportServices Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @NatzG2021

You have come to the right place to start, Scope online community has thousands of members so you will definitely find someone who understands  :)

You may also want to look up Contact A Family, a national organisation who can bring families together to provide peer support, may be worth taking a look and seeing what's available in your area 

https://www.cafamily.org.uk/connect-with-families/
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Brightness