ESA and PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA and PIP

jeffmann65
jeffmann65 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi everyone i am new here.. i dont know if i am even in the right place for some information about pip and esa benefits.. can someone plese help me can you point me to a chat place where i can get some infomation about this thanks for your time 

Comments

• gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Hi jeffmann65 welcome to the Scope community
    We are all quite knowledgeable about benefits here but if we can't answer your question(s) we can find someone who can. So ask away!
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @jeffmann65,

Welcome to Scope's online community!

As @gnmeads mentions, we have many members who've had experiences with applying for benefits, and we have a few categories on this topic - including our Ask a Benefits Advisor group.

How can I help? Is there something in particular about ESA and PIP which you'd like to find out more about?

Scope have lots of useful information about benefits which you may find useful. We have an online benefits calculator should you wish to work out what benefits you are entitled to, we have dedicated pages on both Employment Support Allowance and Personal Independence Payment, and appealing a DWP benefits decision - if you have already started the claims process.
    Liam
  • calliejosh
    calliejosh Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    I had a shoulder replacement over a year ago due to austio arthritis  i work as a cleaner and at time of op was advise not to work as for 1 it would wear the shoulder down quicker and would prob need done again as they only last about 10 years i thought i would go back part time take it easy but a year on am now getting a lot bother with it its started going into spasms and sometimes last all day which is extreamly painfull it prevents me doing  a lot as there is no strength in it at all simple things like opening jars bottles changing light bulb drying hair  carrying shopping reaching thing on shelves in shops I am having to depend on my children more now to help me would I be able to claim pip I have never claimed anything before and don't have a clue what to do

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2017
    I would suggest that you have a look at the PIP self assessment test at

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-self-test

To get an idea of the criteria you need to fulfill

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @calliejosh

You might want to re-post in Ask a benefits advisor category.

Both Disability Rights and CAB websites have guides to claiming PIP.  As does Scope - look under Advice and information.
  • lixsharp13
    lixsharp13 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Hi im new here and last week i downloaded a guide to pip /tribunals etc but i couldnt read it  on my phone so have tried to find it on the lap top as i can make the text larger ...still cant find it Does anyone have the link please? It had some brilliant advice in it
    Thanks in advance
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi im new here and last week i downloaded a guide to pip /tribunals etc but i couldnt read it  on my phone so have tried to find it on the lap top as i can make the text larger ...still cant find it Does anyone have the link please? It had some brilliant advice in it
    Thanks in advance
    Hi
    If it was on this site just put PIP into the search
    If not here then which site ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.