I am partially sighted - can I claim PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am partially sighted - can I claim PIP?

lynnh
lynnh Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi i have just been regeristed partailly sighted can i claim PIP

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @lynnh,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

Have you had a look at our benefits calculator? It's a handy little tool which can help you find out which benefits you're entitled to.

There's also some more information about PIP and eligibility on the Gov.UK website.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lynnh.

Welcome to our online community !!!

Please please follow Liam's great advice !!!

If there is anything else that we can help you with please let us know !!!
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Don't be overly surprised if you have to fight for it. I'm partially sighted with a few complex conditions plus other health issues. I failed for the most ridiculous of reasons. When you register, you get given a bundle of papers which states you're registered. I've got no idea where mine is. (it's 9 years old and my vision has changed a lot since then) Because I couldn't produce it, I'm supposedly not registered. My GP says I am... (I've moved 3 times since then and wouldn't have a clue where it is)

RNIB have some advice on their website.
  • lynnh
    lynnh Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi i have got all my paperwork and i can produce it
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Have you gone through the criteria to see where you score points? It's how you are half the time. But as I found, they based it on how I was on the day.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.