Newbie wondering about drugs — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Newbie wondering about drugs

Options
Tephy
Tephy Community member Posts: 9 Connected
HI,
 I am relatively new so if this is in the wrong section please forgive me and any moderators feel free to move it to where it should be.
I have just had my esa ( which was for life but now I need to claim again ) form filled in by phone. The person on the phone and the pain clinic both insinuated when I tell them what medication I take, that I am lying.
I take 147 tablets per week, 3 injections a week ( methotrexate, embrel and one for my diabetes not insulin), transtec patch 70 micro gram/hr ( opiate ) and 200 microgram temgesic ( opiate ) up to 10 some days but most are just 4.
Is this really enough that people think I would lie about it? 
When I showed a print out to the person at my first pain clinic appointment I was told anyone could print that out and that they needed to contact my DR before anything could be done and gave me an appointment for a later date. This started me wondering and saw my Dr today and he said don't stop taking any of them.
Is anyone else on more?

Comments

• BeccaShark123
    BeccaShark123 Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    Options
    Hello @Tephy ! Welcome to the Scope Online Community!

I am not sure if your post would be answered better in the 'Dealing with chronic pain' section. However, don't worry about posting- the community is a big place to navigate, and even I am still learning!

I will tag @Sam_Scope , because she can move it for you.

In the meantime, feel free to click around the community as much as you like-- go exploring! 

Becca :)

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Tephy
    I have moved the post for you, thanks @BeccaShark123

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness