National austitic society assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

National austitic society assessment

Joannadaviesd0
Joannadaviesd0 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi
has anyone had a assessment done bye the national autistic society for their service and what does it involved please ? As I have my assessment with national autistic society on Tuesday 8th August which is hour long with them at home. 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Joannadaviesd0
    Joannadaviesd0 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    It is for service with the national autistic society which they run and their outreach service and support worker too
  • [Deleted User]
  • jogeorge16
    jogeorge16 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hello,
    im very new here and need some help. My brother was diagnosed with ASD on his 30th birthday.  We always suspected he was a little bit different but did not think he would not be able to cope living away from mum and dad.  He is the kindest person I know, he can drive and solve complex maths equations but lacks a lot of social skills and understanding.  He also has really bad OCD. He only managed to live away for a year and got into a lot of trouble. We managed to get him some housing and he has lived on his own for 1.5 years now but this has had lots of problems.
    the council refuse to assess him.  It is all new to us and I was wondering if the NAS will assess, will the council accept their assessment and how much it costs for this ? All helpful pointers will be welcome. 
  • [Deleted User]

Brightness