Pip mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip mandatory reconsideration

dan20ddf
dan20ddf Community member Posts: 39 Connected
Hi 

Has anyone been success on reconsideration appeals in having it changed 

Comments

• janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Hi @dan20ddf
    I'm about to go ahead with mine so I'll let people know the decision but I have read that some are successful where as others lost all of their money when it was reduced so it actually was an even worse end result so it's a stressful process 

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    I understand that only about 16% of MRs are successful whereas 65% of tribunal appeals are.  I believe it's rare for DWP to actually reduce or remove awards at MR stage - usually they leave them unchanged.  If tribunals want to reduce or remove awards they give the applicant an opportunity to 'reconsider' their appeal, withdraw it and keep the benefit they've already got.
  • dan20ddf
    @janice_in_wonderland was your appeal successful 
  • ourvoices
    ourvoices Community member Posts: 47 Connected

Hi @dan20ddf,

I submitted my Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) about two weeks ago.  I can also let you know whether it has been successful or not.

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    From my own experience and knowledge I've gained from receiving all my documentation. No matter how hard you fight and how strong your medical evidence is IAS will still apply their original philosophy to the outcome of your claim. That is to either keep it the same or increase it by as few points as possible. This is because although a different HP will be re assessing your claim at this stage they still work for the same corrupt organization with the same goal. Not wishing to admit they were wrong the first time around comes into it too I think. A lot depends on how many points you already have and how many you need to get the desired result. If you only need 2 say to go from standard to higher rate and you have very strong evidence and a well worded written argument to have your award increased you may be successful. But to go from 0 to 12 as some have done at Tribunal,  the MR will not achieve this. At least it would be interesting to hear if it has ever happened. 
  • dan20ddf
  • dan20ddf
    That's interesting @wildlife I've scored 4 points so want 12 points as I'm desperate for a mobility car the day today things even though they're small I so need an automatic but I haven't the budget to get one
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    I did win my MR. But missed out on a lot of points, which would have given me enhanced care. My evidence backed up my claimed and contradicted what the "nurse" said.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.