Statement Of Reasons — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Statement Of Reasons

rosie55
rosie55 Community member Posts: 40 Listener
edited August 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Yeah I have finally received statement of reasons through. Now all there is to do is wait for dwp to decide what they are doing and if they find an error in law . As I haven.t got a clue what's what . X

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It is becoming common practice for DWP to request SOR. In most cases that is as far as it goes, shouldn't be anything to worry about
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2017
    Hi @rosie55?

A very good afternoon to you I hope that we can help you with this ????

Please please pop over too our home page.

You will find a Benefit Advisor & also plenty off info on benefits.

• jjdd70
    jjdd70 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    hi rose55 glad its all over for you I'm still waiting for statement of reason rang court its still with the judge 
  • rosie55
    Hi .It's shocking init. It's not fully over got to wait on dwp now to either appeal or pay out another waiting game it is .I'll let u know when I hear anything else.hope u hear from them soon x
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Do keep us posted, @rosie55!

As @CockneyRebel says, it shouldn't be anything to worry about. If you'd like some more information about what it means when the DWP asks for a Statement of Reasons, then our benefits advisors listed a step-by-step explanation of the process on a recent post which you may find useful.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, then please do get in touch.
    Liam
  • jjdd70
    its been over 7 weeks and still waiting on statement of reason from courts rang them but said its still with judge had no money since october last year

• rosie55
    Thought u would of heard summit by now .it took a week after I received my sor for dwp to recieve theirs and put it on system just waiting on why they are doing next x
  • jjdd70
    where are u from rosie i am in leeds so wondering if it goes by the area

• rosie55
    Contact your local mp .don.t want to put to much details on ere x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    It's very rare for DWP to take it to UTT so i wouldn't worry. They're often slow with the payment process after a successful Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.