The shaky chef — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The shaky chef

fredfinch
fredfinch Community member Posts: 14 Connected
As I've mentioned in previous posts it's always been my dream to be a chef but my disability (spinocerebellar ataxiatype 11) has made it a bit harder for me to achieve it.
As well as writing a cookery book I have finally managed to make a video of me cooking and i'd love it if you lot were the first to see it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqP1iMjFSxw Cheers!

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    That is awesome Fred. I can't wait to try it. Thanks
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Thanks so much for sharing, @fredfinch! :smiley:

@Sparkle, this may be another interesting recipe for you to try?
    Liam
  • karenculshaw
    karenculshaw Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Well done mate,that was fab & I admire yr guts  :D 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello saw this the other day.  Thank you for sharing.  I am trying to advise people all the time that cooking a simple meal is not only beneficial for mental health and wellbeing.  It makes you feel good I have cooked that.  There are so many tools and gadgets on the market that make cooking a lot easier.  I have a blender, food processor and slow cooker.  Plus other things like a mini chopper and a whisk attachment.  These might be worth having a look at if that helps.  I have disability have fingers missing.  Slicing chopping not very good but using a food processor with slicer attachments helps me.  Did you know there are a range of slow cookers that suit one person.  I use it for small meals like soup or small portions of ragu or stew.  Having also a folder of favourite simple meals written or out on the computer has helped me a lot with me having memory problems.  To make it easy number each ingredient and each process then you would forget anything.  Glad to help and advise chef have fun.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness