Larger Nappies — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Larger Nappies

Options
Blue Frog
Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
Tesco have started selling Pampers in size 7  :)

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That will be handy for a lot of people to know! Thanks @Blue Frog

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi, 

The professional adults nappies are provided by TENA. 
    Follow link here

It is professional company with sorts of product for many disable people or people with bladder problems. 

• Blue Frog
    Options
    Thanks @iza that's a really useful link for people who need to buy products - unfortunately my little girl is just at the stage where she doesn't fit comfortably in baby nappies but is way too small for Tena's.

It's a funny stage I think a lot of families struggle with, especially as some kids who fit into baby nappies have big bladders and soak straight through them. 

But it's great to see a supermarket recognising that kids over 3 may still
    need nappies. We only get 3 pads a day from the continence team here, so am happy I can buy some extras. 
  • ginarina4
    ginarina4 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for the info Blue Frog. I was in a bit of a tizz this morning with my little boy. He has an upset belly and I won't state the obvious except his size 6 nappy couldn't cope. I am hoping Tesco in Loweestoft stocks the new size 7. Wish me luck. :)
  • Zeezee
    Zeezee Community member Posts: 78 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks Blue frog
    That is really good to know, zee can actually fit into size 5 but I use size 6 for her but even those get soaked within a few hours, I will try the size 7 and hopefully they won't be too big as she is very thin but needs more absorbency.
    The other problem I have is that I have been given a really small black bin and it only holds two weeks of nappies and occasionally half a bin bag of rubbish. There is only so much you can recycle so I am really struggling to dispose of the nappies and household rubbish its one or the other. Do you have any ideas?
  • Blue Frog
    Options
    We asked the council for an extra black bin - they were absolutely fine about it and it's made life a lot easier. I put all the nappies in one right the other end of the yard so it doesn't smell by the back door!  I know we are in the borough next to yours but I imagine your council have a similiar scheme

Is Zee getting free nappies on NHS now? this has also really helped us x

Brightness