Lost motability after going for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost motability after going for PIP

winchurst2017
winchurst2017 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2017 in Transport and travel
Hi Ian a career for my partner who has M.E / fibromyalgia and were recieving DLA and careers ,we have a car on motability but after  going to PIP we have received a letter saying that my partner will only get  standard rate so we will have to return our car  can my partner be reasest   the car is the only bit of enjoyment she get to get her out as she has very bad depression can you help with some advice thanks

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @winchurst2017

A very big welcome to you to our website and online community.

I'm so sorry to hear about your story/current problems.

We have got lots of info about PIP/DLA on our home page.

We have also got a Benefits Advisor who will also be able to help you further with this.

There is also a PIP online community dedicated to PIP where you can share your experiences with other members in similar situations as as yourself.

Please please let us know if we can help you further ???
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi winchurst and welcome
    Following an assessment you should request a copy of the HCP report from the DWP. This will help you to appeal the decision and show you where the HCP's opinion and assumptions differ from the facts.
    The first thing to do is to ask for a mandatory reconsideration of the decision, you have 28 days from the date of the decision to do so, not from when you receive the letter.
    Many people successfully challenge these wrong decision but it can take time and a lot of work so stay strong to get what your partner deserves.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @winchurst2017,

As @CockneyRebel mentions above, you can ask for a mandatory reconsideration. We have lots of useful information about appealing a DWP benefits decision which may be of interest to you.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch! You can also ask our benefits advisor for further support if you need it.
    Liam

Brightness