Hobbies — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hobbies

Arthur
Arthur Community member Posts: 7 Listener
I truly love to Golf. That's my passion. Any other golfers out there?. 

Comments

• AlexW_Scope
    AlexW_Scope Scope Posts: 224 Pioneering
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Can't really say I have a hobby. Most of them rely on being able to either walk or bend/use the spine which rules them out for me.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • danish
    danish Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    I rely on a mobility scooter to get me around. My pastime used to be fly fishing. I have not been for over 7 years as some fisheries are not disable friendly and finding one where I can access the water on my scooter are non existent. Even if I could access the water there is the action of landing the fish. Many places will not allow the fish to be taken out of the water. I can not get down to do this so I can not go and do my favotite past time. Not unless someone can tell me different!
  • Judomandean
    Judomandean Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Golf is a fab game BUT I am useless at it - no rythme lol
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Whilst I have lost contact with my younger daughter I still see her posts on Facebook. She was, at one time, British under 18 weightlifting champion in one classification. Now, however, she works from a gym run by her mother and mothers partner as a weight lifting trainer. She works with a young lad with CP who competes around the world in competitions and travels with him as his trainer. I guess the lad takes it as more than a hobby but it does show you what might be possible.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness