NG and Peg feeding - HELP! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

NG and Peg feeding - HELP!

geprgie345
geprgie345 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I am new to this site. My daughter had a baby girl in july 2016. When she was born my daughter tried to breast feed but baby just wasn't happy. So she was bottle fed. She was taking bottles fine until she was about 3 months old and was really crying and distressed my daughter took her to A&E. Tests were done and they diagnosed reflex. They kept her in to do routine tests. They diagnosed a large ASD heart defect. Which has now been operated on. When she was around 4 months she started to refuse a bottle and it's been hard work since. They fitted a ng tube and she has been fed like that since. My daughter tries every feed to give her a bottle a beaker cup etc. And solids she will drink half oz sometimes a little more she will only take a couple of spoons of food. She gags if trying any more. Gosh has now said she has an unsafe swallow. They are going to fit a peg. I don't think she has an unsafe swallow I think it's the tube. Help anyone please. Thank you 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @geprgie345

A very big welcome to you from our online community 

I do hope that we can help you with this ???

Please please pop over to our home page where you will find lots of info and hopefully you will find what you need ???

Please let us know if we can help you further ???
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @geprgie345 welcome to the community, I have moved your post to the parents and carers category.  It sounds like a very stressful time, are you getting much support as a family?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @geprgie345, how are you?

Have you visited our section on food on our website? It contains lots of useful information about refluxes, swallowing and more, which might be of interest to you.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch.
    Liam

Brightness