Anxiety — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anxiety

Anita_Mddleditch
Anita_Mddleditch Community member Posts: 2 Listener
This keeps me from every day function. I have trouble wanting to get up dressed and functioning

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2017
    Hi @Anita_Mddleditch,

It's great to meet you & welcome to our website & home page.

l do hope that we can help/support you ???

Can you please let us know a bit more about yourself if you don't mind ???

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Anita_Mddleditch,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

I'm sorry to hear about your current situation. Have you spoken to your GP about this?
    Liam
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello I am so sorry about your anxiety.  I suffer from anxiety and I know it is not easy.  Please can I advise you to contact your GP .  Then can I suggest look at your diet and well being.  I found reading a lot on anxiety on the web and in books that certain foods can make the anxiety worse.  One being caffeine in tea, coffee, and cola.  I was every time reaching for a cuppa my problem became worse.  Ended up in hospital. Then they told me why.  Caffeine is a stimulant and can make symptoms worse.  As does alcohol.  I was getting angst and reaching for the booze to calm me down instead I was being becoming worse.  Taken me thirty years to realise that.  Having a good diet helps fruit and veg leafy greens.  To sleep certain foods like toast on night with a hot milky drink with honey in it or on the toast calms and sooths.  Aids restful sleep.  Certain herbs like basil and sage, rosemary good for anxiety.  Spices for calming like cumin, cinnamon,fennel ginger turmeric help as good for digestion.  Problems that tend to recur in the anxiety sufferer.   I hope this helps.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness