Pip fakers — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip fakers

david12345
david12345 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I know a person who gets £564. Month for pip claim and it fake ! Shameful 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @david12345 welcome to the community, how do you know they are fake?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello David and welcome

I absolutely abhor the idle scammers that are stealing money from people that are struggling to get the assistance they need.
    However, not every case is what it seems to be, and we should be very careful before pointing the finger and potentially causing a great deal of harm to a vunerable person.
    When I have a good day ( sadly less often now ) I make the most of it and could easily be confused with a fit and able old git.
    I have heard the whispers and more, when parking in ASDA BB bay. "What is he doing parking his flash sports car there ? these spaces are for us old people "
    So what if I choose to drive an old convertable ( I can carry my oxygen in the boot of any car ). Do I have to look dirty and dishevelled to have mobility problems ?
    Should I be reduced to shuffling around, apologising for being in the way ? No, that is not my life and I will not live that way, I will live life  to the full when I can.

I am not now, nor will I ever be, a sick person. I will not let being sick define who I am. I am a person that is sick, but firstly I am a person and I have a life to live.

I would give everypenny I ever had, plus my future lottery winnings, to be fit and able again.
    The day my world changed, I was presented with new challenges in my life. Nobody told me that I should be sat at home, watching daytime telly and dropping rich tea biscuits into luke warm cups of tea.

The system is not perfect and unfortunately some lazy, idle ( insert what ever expletive you wish ) manage to con their way into receiving money they don't deserve but appearances are not always what they seem.

CR 

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    David,
    People like you who assume that others are claiming fraugulantly really make me angry! NOT ALL DISABILITIES ARE VISIBLE!!! Mine certainly isn't some of the time! I claim standard daily living and enhanced mobility. I have a mobility car and a blue badge. If you seen me would you accuse me of claiming fraudulantly??? I suggest you think carefully in future before you start accusing people of claiming something which you think they're not entitled to. Thank you and have a good day!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Barrylad1957
    Barrylad1957 Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    I never expected that; so even forums set up to assist, support and comfort some of the most vulnerable people in today's society get trolls? 
  • Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    This person has not logged in since. It seems they have succeeded in causing an upset.
    Don't expect any decency from Trolls. I expect it was all made up just to get a reaction.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Not worth wasting any more time on this.
    Always here for genuine people :)

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello just seen this would agree what is being said by everybody here.  You can not accuse someone unless you have evidence.  I joined this to hear views and opinions on a range of disability issues. Not this sorry.  Enough has been said
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.