Favourite comedy film — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Favourite comedy film

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Seen a piece on favourite comedy film of all time.  Recent poll of film critics all over world said the 1959 film Some Like It Hot.  It is my favourite with Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis and a memorable performance from Marilyn Monroe.  Directed by Billy Wilder.  Anybody got a favourite
Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Hi, Thanks for recommendation I was actually looking for something new to watch. 

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    For me Blazing Saddles is a big favorite
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @thespiceman

Some Like it Hot is my favourite too!  The male characters are compelled to see things from a female point of view. Clever and hilarious.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello thanks very much for contributions so far.  I watched a long time ago a documentary about the making of the film.  I did not know Marilyn had a problems with nerves and saying lines.  I recall she took 39 takes for one short scene.  After the 40th take got it right.  Next line Jack Lemmon fluffed his.  It was a compelling documentary.  Talked to the main two male leads about Marilyn and Tony Curtis mentioned the famous quote kissing Marilyn was like kissing Hitler.  Any chance that it comes on I still get the giggles.  They certainly do not make them like that anymore 
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Not sure I have a favourite, but Blazing Saddles has to be in the top 5 for me.

Hot Fuzz, great film but also a part of our daily life. Every time I watch the news, or similar programs, and some politician says something 'stupid' one of us will say 'For the greater good' drives the wife mad as we will keep repeating while they are talking.

At the moment Cockneys vs Zombies. Hilarious film but for me the slow speed chase of a pensioner using a zimmer frame and a zombie is the highlight.

The Sharknado series of films. Took me a while to get into these as they are just so badly made on so many levels they are good.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness