neighbours given us grief — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

neighbours given us grief

jjdd70
jjdd70 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
hi my husband is under the mental health and i have asked the neighbours about there heavy metal music because whats happening is they leave the music on repeat heavy metal music when they go out to work at 1pm till her hubby comes home and then he turns it down at 6.30pm
i did have a word with him and he just said what ever his wife does when he's out is her problem
then noticed a cctv camera had been put round back but its facing half into our garden my husband wont go into our garden now because he already depressed under mental health now this
i did ask him to remove the camera so it faced more into there garden but this is why I'm here asking for any help
the house is council rented asked them but they said noise nuisance is between 11.30pm till 6am 
heavy metal music my god its driving him crazy did think about soundproofing the worst wall but its quite expensive over £1000 we are still waiting on statement of reason from court so money coming in yet its driving him crazy its that type of music where there is shouting in the music heavy rock metal omg I'm going insane myself any help advice would be grateful

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    edited August 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jjdd70
    thank you for replying i had to dig out a massive crank up parasol and put that up so i could sit in our garden today was thinking of trying to find something on google that i could put up and it would block there camera like a ir illuminator 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Possibly an led spot light ? could be solar powered
    I definately  wouldn't suggest a laser pen pointed directly into the lens >:)
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • jjdd70
    did read up on that but someone said that would turn into criminal damage 
  • RebeccaMHadvisor
    RebeccaMHadvisor Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    Hi @jjdd70

Have you tried speaking with Environmental Health about the noise. Whilst there is legislation around what is classed as Night Hours, this sounds to me like Statutory nuisance "A statutory nuisance is more that's an annoyance or irritation. It is a disturbance that interferes significantly with your right to enjoy your home". 

Rebecca 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jjdd70 do you think a letter might help?

A non confrontational explanation of what is going on with you both and asking politely if they could help by turning music down and moving camera?

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • jjdd70
    i did ask him before about is wife leaving the music on when she went to work and that it was same song on repeat and heavy rock music's she did stop for a bit then the other day had some adaptions done in property and it started again seems that she is a jealous person when we have work done she starts' i did ask tell her that when you rent property and work needs doing they do it, but because she is going through the process of buying the council house no work is done for her you have to do it yourself whilst the process is completed,it seems to me she is a jealous person id thought about soundproofing the walls but omg at £1500 per room and just had my pip rates lowered from original dla money is not so good has we all know,especially from when you was on high rate dla then put on standard its a good loss of money each month
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you appealed your PIP award ? If not you have 28 days from the date of the letter to do so

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness