Anyone know a good patient trainer for setting up a website please? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone know a good patient trainer for setting up a website please?

Options
verite
verite Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2016 in Education
Have had cancer, which means I can't go out to work.  However, I like writing and would like to set up a website for other cancer patients, with hints and tips on dealing with problems such as NHS bureaucracy!
Does anyone know how I can contact an IT trainer who will do home visits for a fee and uses 'normal' language? 

Comments

• Stripes
    Stripes Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    Options

Dear Veritie

My name is Ian Jones and I work Scope as a Information and Advice Worker and responsible for responding to posts that people make.

As a Disabled person myself I have learnt to think outside of the box, if you are looking to help you write a web page, have you thought of contacting the head of Information Technology  at  your local college.

They may know of students who are doing courses around writing a Web page or doing a course on computers,

The student may welcome the opportunity as part of their course supporting someone to write a web page. (they may even do it free of charge)

If you feel comfortable in doing something like this then I would drop an email to your local college to see what response you get.

I hope this helps

Regards

Ian

• verite
    verite Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Ian

Thanks  that is a really sensible suggestion and I am off to Google and search straight away.

Verite

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.