Greetings, from Colchester, Essex — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Greetings, from Colchester, Essex

Options
Christopher
Christopher Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2016 in Talk about your situation

9th June,2016

Greetings from Colchester. My name is Christopher, I have Cerebral Palsy from birth and also a wheelchair user. I am looking to meet new friends in the Colchester area, Male and female. I have my own car. I am located on the Greenstead Council Estate, Colchester, Essex.

I have joined Scope web sight.

Regards,

Christopher Mattison

Comments

• YoungCarerOverHere
    YoungCarerOverHere Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    Options
    Greetings Christopher from Colchester, Essex!

I'm Catherine from Manchester- welcome to Scope. I hope you find individuals on the online community who share your experience and can offer friendship and advice :smile:
  • Lee
    Lee Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options

Hi Christopher.

How are you finding the online community?

What kind of things are you interested in? I've found that joining a group or club can be a good way to meet people.

Disability4sport has a football club near you and Leisure World has a variety of activities if you're into sports?

Disability Essex has a list of clubs in your area too... you could ask rebecca.blake@disabilityessex.org.

Welcome to the community!

Lee

• Christopher
    Christopher Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options

Hi Lee, Greetings, thank you for your message all received ok. With reference to local clubs I do not know Colchester very well as I come from Epping Forest area, and I do not know anyone in Colchester to go out and about with, and I would need to take my wheelchair as well with me. I would join in as well at any clubs. Keep in touch. Regards, Christopher Mattison.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.