Pain — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pain

Options
Mol
Mol Community member Posts: 52 Connected
Can anyone tell me if they get the same type of pain as me? I get nerve pain going through my neck, arms, and and legs. I get muscle pain through my arms and legs and I get the best way I can describe it is crippling pains through my neck shoulders and arms. I have had surgery to replace C5-C6 Vertebrae discs, but I have had these pains for years and doctors always say mechanical pain, when I get these pains I cannot even lift a cup or do anything with my arm. I am taking Tramadol and Naproxien pain killers but all they do is ease throbbing pains in my head and have no effect on the pains in my neck, shoulders or arms. I work but have been kept awake due to the pain, I also have sleep apnea and wear a CPAP mask.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 210 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mol
    Options
    Hello mumof3boys thanks for your reply, I tried gaberpentin I started on a low dose and kept increasing as doctor prescribed, I starting turning into a zombie on the higher strength tablets and they did not help with the pain. When I was in hospital they gave me oramorth  it would send me to sleep for a few hours but I would wake with the pain in my neck, shoulders and arms. I also had a steroid injection in my neck which also ended up making the pain worse and that was before my operation. 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Mol
    Options
    I am due to see the surgeon this week, I have been putting a list of questions together so I can ask him. I had seen a member of the surgeons team 6 weeks after surgery, they could not see the MRI scan pictures as there was a problem with their computer system. I was told I would be going to have Xrays done when I go back this week before my appointment. I have had these pains for over 5 years but now they are so bad they keep me awake a lot of the time. I have got a pump up cervical neck brace which is the only thing that when I put it on and pump it up it takes the strain away from my neck. It is what I have to sit up with to fall asleep. They are one item I can highly recommend that actually helps cervical problems, and are cheap to purchase.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Mol
    Options
    I cannot lay flat or lay on my right side, I have 4 pillows to and my soft pump up brace to cushion my neck, I just cannot get rid of the pain. I will  hopefully get some answers when I see the surgeon later in the week. 
  • Mol
    Options
    Hi mumof3boys I have some answers now, after nearly 4 years of complaining about the pain in my shoulders and neck, I had surgery last year to replace C5-C6 Vertebrae discs. I went hospital this week still in severe pain so they sent me for Xrays on my shoulders, they found that they are covered with arthritis hence all the pain. I have been given new tablets called Amitriptyline.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.