PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Concerned about the Coronavirus?

We've put together some helpful information and advice about Covid-19 on our website.

You can also read about: improving your wellbeing, getting food and essentials and claiming benefits during this time.

Hi, my name is bonnydog!

bonnydogbonnydog Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2017 in PIP, DLA and AA
I challenged the assessor’s false claim that she had seen me walk 30m to and from the assessment room to my car - I had, but had rested for several minutes half way - both on the way in and out, which events were conveniently omitted!  I confirmed that - whilst my condition was getting worse - my mobility support had been totally withdrawn.   I challenged in detail, point by point, everything in the assessment report that I didn’t agree with. My consultant also kindly supplied a short, simple letter in support of my mobility claim (along the lines of: ‘I support the appellant’s claim for mobility allowance’).  After the assessment I really couldn’t face going through an ‘in person’ appeal, so my successful appeal was a written one.

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.