Hi, my name is bonnydog! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is bonnydog!

Options
bonnydog
bonnydog Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I challenged the assessor’s false claim that she had seen me walk 30m to and from the assessment room to my car - I had, but had rested for several minutes half way - both on the way in and out, which events were conveniently omitted!  I confirmed that - whilst my condition was getting worse - my mobility support had been totally withdrawn.   I challenged in detail, point by point, everything in the assessment report that I didn’t agree with. My consultant also kindly supplied a short, simple letter in support of my mobility claim (along the lines of: ‘I support the appellant’s claim for mobility allowance’).  After the assessment I really couldn’t face going through an ‘in person’ appeal, so my successful appeal was a written one.

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.