If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Strange decision

MalueMalue Posts: 5Member Listener
Hi.  My husband had his tribunal today.  After waiting since Jan 2017.  The tribunal said they would send the decision by post!!   Is this normal?  
Has it happened to anyone else ? 

Replies

  • susan48susan48 Posts: 2,194Member Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I was the same, posing my decision.
    The tribunal panel we’re running 45 minutes late and didn’t want “to hold me up “ any longer.
    i did call the number on my tribunal letter a few days later and asked for then to tell me the decision over the phone, which they did.

    i would call them tomorrow and ask.
    hope this helps
  • MalueMalue Posts: 5Member Listener
    susan48 said:
    Hi I was the same, posing my decision.
    The tribunal panel we’re running 45 minutes late and didn’t want “to hold me up “ any longer.
    i did call the number on my tribunal letter a few days later and asked for then to tell me the decision over the phone, which they did.

    i would call them tomorrow and ask.
    hope this helps
    Thanks for your speedy reply.   
    You phoned them the day after and was given their decision?  
  • susan48susan48 Posts: 2,194Member Disability Gamechanger
    @Malue,
    I honestly cannot remember exactly how many days, I was in such a state, maybe @CockneyRebel can help.

    It was when we had all the bad snow so Mail wasn’t getting through, it took over 2 weeks to get the decision letter posted out.

    if you call the number they will tell you if the decision is ready or when to call back even
  • wilkowilko Posts: 1,840Member Disability Gamechanger
    I know it's hard waiting for news, good or bad but if no information is given over the phone then we have to wait for our postal service. I look at these situations as waiting for a child to be born as with our award letters we know the baby will be born soon just but be don't know when,  just like our award letters they are on their way but when will they arrive. I worked on the land for 40 plus years so waiting is and was a way, fact of live. Animals to grow, crop to come to maturity ready for harvesting ect so be patience.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 13,505Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Malue said:
    Hi.  My husband had his tribunal today.  After waiting since Jan 2017.  The tribunal said they would send the decision by post!!   Is this normal?  
    Has it happened to anyone else ? 
    Hi,

    Yes it's perfectly normal. Lots of people aren't given a decision on the day of the hearing. They will write to you within a couple of days with the decision and there's no need to ring and ask them. They are usually very quick after the hearing, if a decision isn't given on the day.
  • susan48susan48 Posts: 2,194Member Disability Gamechanger
    @poppy123456,
    i think my letter took 2 weeks because of the adverse weather.id never been through it before so I didn’t really know for sure.

    Thanks for the advice 
  • debsidoodebsidoo Posts: 310Member Pioneering
    wilko said:
    I know it's hard waiting for news, good or bad but if no information is given over the phone then we have to wait for our postal service. I look at these situations as waiting for a child to be born as with our award letters we know the baby will be born soon just but be don't know when,  just like our award letters they are on their way but when will they arrive. I worked on the land for 40 plus years so waiting is and was a way, fact of live. Animals to grow, crop to come to maturity ready for harvesting ect so be patience.

  • debsidoodebsidoo Posts: 310Member Pioneering
    What a lovely way to put things Wilko.
      Debsidoo.x
  • susan48susan48 Posts: 2,194Member Disability Gamechanger
    @Malue

    How are you?

    Did you find out about your husbands Appeal? 
Sign in or join us to comment.