Events, research and opportunities
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Joint Committee Charities Groups to Fight for Vulnerable People and Service Received

Is there a Joint Committee between Groups / Charities to fight for Vulnerable People / people in general and the Service Received professional standards by Local Authorities Companies etc based on verifiable facts? 

If NOT I want to start one to bring Charities together to bring more clarity and transparency based on verifiable sources to bring intelligent debate

Replies

• GizmoTiddlesGizmoTiddles Member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Hi @campaigntim,
    sorry I can't answer your question due to lack of knowledge.
    But many charities talk to each other or signpost for a client.
    But a joint committee would be a very good idea  ,huge funding I expect ?
    Good luck on your endeavours 
    Cheers 
    Gizmo
  • forgoodnesssakeforgoodnesssake Member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    There are some consortium type groupings such as the (almost defunct but not quite) Communication Trust, which is a consortium of over 50 charities and not for profit concerned with Speech, language and communication needs in those 0 - 25.  There is also the Council for Disabled Children, Disabled Children's Partnership and probably others.  I realise that these are almost all children focused...I'm sure other people will know of more adult focused or at least whole life groupings?
  • campaigntimcampaigntim Member Posts: 10 Connected
    i will speak to more people ans see if we can set something up
Sign in or join us to comment.