Mental Health — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mental Health

Options
Silver925
Silver925 Community member Posts: 106 Courageous
Hi would it go against you to go to a wca alone if you have mental health issues? You hear of such horror stories about these assessments.such appreciated.

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Silver925

Thank you for sharing this with us. I do not think it should go against someone, but some of members may able to answer this for you. 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you ever told them that you can't go out alone or need a lot of support to attend appointments?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Silver925
    Options
    I need someone to go with me to places I have not been to before as I fear getting lost or not being able to find somewhere I need to go to. I will  panic if I am late.
  • Silver925
    Options
    I also get confused . My sister went with me last time .I just need someone to travel on bus with as I don't like travelling alone. She might not always be able to come so my neighbour said she would give me a lift if necessary.
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    Options
    If you can, get someone to go with you to the WCA. Also refuse to be assessed by one of their scam nurses, ask for a doctor, you have a right to be assessed by a doctor. And finally, ring up a few days before you go to the WCA and tell them you want it recorded. 
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks for updating us @Silver925 happy to hear you have the support of sister and your neighbour. Please keep us updated.
  • MickConnon
    MickConnon Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @Silver925, have just been catching up on past posts and came across this one. I hope your WCA appointment went well and you had someone accompany you? Keep us informed of the outcome and how you think it went. Kind Regards

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.