If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Disibility premium

Hello all again..😉
I got approved on disibility premium😁 65.15... A week.
Now how would i get paid? Is it gonna be every 2 weeks with my esa or 1 a months? Or do i also gonna get paid on top of pip when is paid...
Please help me i got paid a weeks pay cos i just moved


  • Government_needs_reformGovernment_needs_reform Posts: 800Member Pioneering
    It's paid every fortnight paid with your ESA


    "This must not be allowed to happen"

    The Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) has published a contract notice announcing its plans for a £3.1billion revamp of heath checks for Personal Independence Payments (PIP) and other benefits.

    PIP is not ESA or even UC, having one assessment for those benefits is morally wrong to treat them as ONE size fits all with that one assessment.

    Latest update 9th May 2019

    DWP confirms single assessment plans, despite Tomlinson confusion

    The government has confirmed that it is pushing ahead with plans to test how it might be able to merge two disability benefit assessments into one, despite comments from a minister that appeared to suggest that no such plans were being discussed.

    But DWP has now made it clear to Disability News Service that testing of a single assessment will be going ahead.

  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 12,719Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 17

    Your other post here says you've applied for UC, is that correct? https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/59638/lanlord-went-for-holiday-in-irland#latest

    Were you previously claiming ESA?

    What's the reason for you claiming UC? possible a house move?

    If the SDP is in payment then you won't be able to claim UC because you claim SDP and you'll be able to claim housing benefit.

  • WeirdworldWeirdworld Posts: 40Member Listener
    I claiming uc so i can get housing payed. Now a days says that if u want housing benefit u need to claim uc
  • WeirdworldWeirdworld Posts: 40Member Listener
    Or is it housing i just have to go to local council with tenancy agreement and be done by council.. And should i cancel the uc claim and dont go to appoitment
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 12,719Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Because you're claiming SDP then you can't claim UC, i'm very surprised you were even able to start the claims process off to be honest. Yes, cancel that claim then once you've done that you need to ring your local council and ask to claim housing benefit because you're claiming severe disability premium and you can't claim UC.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Posts: 2,957Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @Weirdworld, as Poppy says, as you're in receipt of SDP, you're unable to claim UC and they should flag this and cancel your claim. You do need to apply for Housing Benefit from your local council. You could give the SDP helpline a call on 0800 181 4049 (0800 012 1331 if you're in NI) and they'll be able to advise you about what your next steps should be.
    Senior Online Community Officer
  • WeirdworldWeirdworld Posts: 40Member Listener
    Thank u a lot will go to council then and wont bother to attend the uc appointment on monday
Sign in or join us to comment.