If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

ESA Home Assessment

A doctor came to my home yesterday to carryout the ESA assessment I have been waiting for since 2017.  I had a local volunteer advocate with me this time.  The doctor was only interested in my physical health issues and only referred to them.  He didn't ask one question relating to my depression and anxiety referred to in part 2 of the assessment.  Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was the outcome.  I am expecting to have to fight another MR

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 12,719Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes i did during my last ESA review. I claim for multiple reasons and the only thing she was interested in was how my fibro affects me. It didn't affect the decision and i remained in the support group where i've been since 2012.

Wait a week and ring ESA to request a copy of the report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Good luck.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 12,719Community champion Disability Gamechanger
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Posts: 3,940Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @MollieMoo and welcome to the community! I'm glad you managed to get a home assessment but that is ridiculous that you had to wait that long!!! I really hope it is a positive outcome regardless of not covering mental health. Please let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help :)
    Chloe
    Online Community Officer
Sign in or join us to comment.