If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Carers Week

Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Posts: 1,356Administrator Scope community team
edited June 17 in Parents and carers
All week on the community, one of our themes is Carers Week. To raise awareness of the needs of carers and promote Carers UK's campaign for Fairer for Carers, we've put together a range of content that celebrates and supports the carers on our community, so why not:
Senior Community Officer
Scope
Tagged:

Replies

• AilsAils Posts: 166Member Pioneering
    Hi @Adrian_Scope,
    Thanks to the Scope team for bringing the theme of Carers Week to the fore and featuring all of the above.  Hadn't heard of the Fairer for Carers campaign before and just read about it.  The Scottish Government have been good enough to recognise the difficult role of Carers up here and put up Carers Allowance recently by an extra £8.50, but it is only fair that other UK carers receiving this benefit get recognised in the same way.  :smile:
  • debbiedo49debbiedo49 Posts: 2,636Member Disability Gamechanger
    I'm my son s carer and he is my carer. I never thought about it this way until my c p n pointed it out to me. As a mum, I'm just doing my job. However, as my son has some mental health issues then I'm his carer too apparently!  I'm not sure if this is common or not?

I am a fibrowarrior!
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Posts: 1,356Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @debbiedo49, that's actually very common and I've spoken to lots of parents who feel the same and are sometimes reluctant to apply for things like Carer's Allowance because to them, they're just being a parent. I always point out that with the recognition as a carer and the addition of Carer's Allowance, it can open up other avenues of support both for them and their child. :)
    Senior Community Officer
    Scope
  • debbiedo49debbiedo49 Posts: 2,636Member Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks !

I am a fibrowarrior!
Sign in or join us to comment.