Disability news
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

SDP/Universal Credit refund news

poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 18,542 Disability Gamechanger
Morning everyone,

I wasn't sure where to post this but thought this was the most appropriate place. Haven't seen any legislation to this yet but i'll keep looking. If anyone finds anything in the meantime please feel free to add it.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 18,542 Disability Gamechanger
    @Government_needs_reform good morning my friend.

I know how up to date you are on these things and was wondering if you know of any legislation for this please? I've looked but can't find anything new.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Government_needs_reformGovernment_needs_reform Member Posts: 850 Pioneering
    edited July 2019
    @poppy123456 Morning to you too my friend.

yep, sorry to say Amber Rudd & Co have sold us all down the river regarding the Pilot Migration legislation.

Here is the full video here regarding migration

https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/fc97ee06-0017-4e20-8491-4c2e9aaf7398?in=18:42:30&out=19:45:00) parliamentlive.tv/event/index/fc…

This is the full Pilot Migration transcript here.
    https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2019-07-22/debates/8111667B-E194-41D6-9496-FE1E870225E6/UniversalCreditManagedMigration

https://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/work-and-pensions-committee/news-parliament-2017/universal-credit-chairs-comments-17-19/

I wrote a response last night about this sham?

Yep, I see that was coming, just watched it in full and Amber Rudd didn't disappoint. See was playing those typical tricks, it's a snake in the grass scenario, I will hide, then I will bite you.

That's is just the start of hell for all these poor people will face in the coming months and weeks ahead.

The Tories are renowned for their sly tricks and lies, they know full well what they are doing.

What amazed me there was only roughly around 20 MPs there.

This should have gone in a proper parliament debate with all MPs.

I've seen some dirty tricks in my time that was just plain disgusting..

I feel for all these people that can't use a computer, bed bound, or can't even leave there house, and for a whole host of other reasons.

Soon there will be more Food bank use, people destitute, it's such a sad state of affairs it really is.

This Pilot Migration was supposed to be voted on.

Hope they help poppy..❤️
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election video for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• jude1967jude1967 Member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Morning everyone,

I wasn't sure where to post this but thought this was the most appropriate place. Haven't seen any legislation to this yet but i'll keep looking. If anyone finds anything in the meantime please feel free to add it.

Yes poppy I recieved the news about the payments that gone through it was on my news feed and housing feeds 
    Yes poppy it was on my news feed and housing feeds I seen early hours this morning .also my son recieved the news feed also he sent me it ..but I already new as I was awake wen I came through early hrs 
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 8,970 Scope community team
    Thanks for sharing this @poppy123456!
    Community Partner
    Scope
    edited July 2019
    I read it suppose to being back for some as far back 2014 

As you already know poppy, Amber Rudd will start paying SDP back claimants from this Wednesday 24th

Also @poppy123456 here is the draft legislation for Pilot & Managed.

The Universal Credit (Managed Migration Pilot and Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2019

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2019/9780111178317
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now. 

• Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Administrator Posts: 7,097 Scope community team
    A couple of extra articles about it from Metro and BBC in case it helps anyone. As of last night I wasn't able to find any updated legislation regarding this other than what @Government_needs_reform has already shared.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
    A couple of extra articles about it from Metro and BBC in case it helps anyone. As of last night I wasn't able to find any updated legislation regarding this other than what @Government_needs_reform has already shared.
    Thanks @Adrian_Scope for the information you've also added, all the other changes have been discussed in the transcript and video by Amber Rudd.

At present legislation at the moment only shows as a "DRAFT STATUTORY INSTRUMENTS"

⬇️

@poppy123456 here is some more on how she pushed the regs through etc.

CREDIT CRUNCH 

Universal Credit switch over finally set to start this week as Amber Rudd puts through up to 10,000 Brits from old benefits system

Amber Rudd told MPs that a number of people in Harrogate will be put on to the controversial six-in-one benefit system as planned, as she rushed through laws last night.

But MPs won't get a vote on whether to approve it, as it will be fast-tracked using an obscure emergency law instead in the last days of Theresa May's rule.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9559859/universal-credit-switch-pilot-amber-rudd-benefits/

This was so out of touch, deceitful, and very underhanded the way she pushed the regs through? The 11th hour.

⬇️

• poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 18,542 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks everyone @Government_needs_reform i really feel sorry for those in the Harrogate area. I knew it was planned for this month but the way this has been done is disgusting.
    edited July 2019
    Thanks everyone @Government_needs_reform i really feel sorry for those in the Harrogate area. I knew it was planned for this month but the way this has been done is disgusting.

Was any of the information any help to you @poppy123456

Not happy how any of this has been handled regarding this migration process.
    Amber Rudd has not released a full set in final legislation as of yet, she in affect, and they can still change regulations as they see fit and can do this without any comebacks.
    ⬇️

@Government_needs_reform It was useful to know that those currently claiming SDP will not be able to claim UC until 2021 if a change of circumstances happen. I'm moving house sometime in the next few months and very happy to know that i will stay on ESA and housing benefit. Thanks for that!
    edited July 2019
    Good lord @poppy123456 all that rushing around has warn me out, if that's the bit you wanted to know I could have posted just that🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anyway if anyone else wants to know here it is.

Amber Rudd states.

Following the High Court judgment on the severe disability premium, the regulations will also—in 2021—bring an end to the barrier that currently prevents its recipients from moving to universal credit as a result of a change of circumstances. Until 2021, anyone who currently receives the premium and whose circumstances change will continue to be held on legacy benefits, as they are now. After 2021, anyone who currently receives the premium and whose circumstances change will continue to be held on legacy benefits, as they are now. After 2021, the barrier will be removed. SDP claimants will move on to universal credit through natural migration, gaining access to the new payments that are available to those who have already moved over.
    ⬇️

edited July 2019
    @Government_needs_reform i didn't start the thread for myself lol. I know there's a lot of people waiting for money owed to them when they were wrongly told to claim UC and lost the SDP. The reason i posted was to help those people, which is why i tagged you to ask if you had more information. Sorry if i didn't make myself more clear on that, it's far to hot and my brain has melted today :o

Anyway, thanks so much for your help and sorry i gave you the run around, at least it took your mind of other things and gave you something to do ;););)

Enjoy this wonderful weather, while it lasts.
    @poppy123456 you know I don't mind ❤️❤️❤️

Sent you a PM
    ⬇️

@poppy123456 @Adrian_Scope we have a full updated instrument, not a draft, this needs to be read with serious concerns as it appears very suspicious.

STATUTORY INSTRUMENTS

2019 No. 1152

SOCIAL SECURITY

The Universal Credit (Managed Migration Pilot and Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2019

Made

18th July 2019

Laid before Parliament

22nd July 2019

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2019/1152/made
    ⬇️

Thanks @Government_needs_reform, some light afternoon reading for me!
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
  • Hart86Hart86 Member Posts: 394 Pioneering
    @Government_needs_reform It was useful to know that those currently claiming SDP will not be able to claim UC until 2021 if a change of circumstances happen. I'm moving house sometime in the next few months and very happy to know that i will stay on ESA and housing benefit. Thanks for that!
    A shame it isn’t 2023 like originally proposed though! But at least you can move without worry in a few months ❤️
    Thanks @Government_needs_reform, some light afternoon reading for me!
    Thought you would like a good read @Adrian_Scope

I'm still picking the bones of it...

The rewording of this bit - They have also stopped those only getting SDP in HB from getting any payments

-an award of universal credit has been made in respect of a claimant who, within the period of one month immediately preceding the first day on which the claimant became entitled to universal credit as a consequence of making a claim, was entitled to an award of income support, income-based jobseeker’s allowance or income-related employment and support allowance that included a severe disability premium;

which was

a claimant, or joint claimants, became entitled to an award of universal credit as a
    consequence of a claim made before 16th January 2019 and the Secretary of State
    is satisfied that regulation 4A (restriction on claims for universal credit by persons
    entitled to a severe disability premium) would have prevented the claim from
    being made if it had been in force at that time;

Adrian see how many holes you find within it and post it back here👍

⬇️

This is mad!! Given how careful you need to be about claim dates because of assessment periods clashing with wage pay days this will cause endless problems 😩😩
    Also to add...

New DWP UC Regulations announced

29. On Monday 22 July 2019, DWP laid Regulations to enable:

• the ‘Move to UC’ pilot to start
    • transitional payments for claimants who were in receipt of the severe disability premium (SDP) before they moved onto UC
    • removal of the UC Gateway restrictions for claimants in receipt of SDP from 2021

30. These regulations will come into force on Wednesday 24 July 2019.

Move to UC pilot

31. The ‘Move to UC’ pilot aims to support those claimants who remain in receipt of our legacy benefits. Claimants who have a substantial change of circumstances will continue to move to and claim UC.

32. The UC Programme are committed to ensuring that claimants transfer successfully and are fully supported. Therefore, the pilot will begin in Harrogate Jobcentre only.

33. You can find ‘questions and answers’ that provide more detail regarding the Move to UC pilot at Annex A.

Changes to the UC Gateway for claimants entitled to SDP

34. As from January 2021, in compliance with a High Court judgment, DWP will abolish the UC Gateway restrictions for claimants in receipt of SDP in order to remove the differential treatment this has created. This means that claimants will no longer be able to make a new claim for legacy benefits (including HB) and will be signposted to make a claim to UC.

35. The removal of the UC Gateway cannot be achieved until January 2021 in order to protect the safe functioning of the UC system. In the meantime, the UC Gateway continues to operate and SDP recipients will remain on and make new claims to legacy benefits - see circular HB [A1/2019 (Revised)(https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/housing-benefit-adjudication-circulars-2019/a12019-hb-gateway-severe-disability-premium-and-claimants-with-3-or-more-children)].

36. Once the UC Gateway is removed, claimants who are receiving SDP and move to UCwill be eligible to be considered for transitional payments in the same way as those already on UC.

37. Transitional payments will be made to former SDP claimants as soon as possible. Processes have been put in place to identify claimants who are potentially eligible a transitional payment. The circumstances of those identified will then be assessed for eligibility before any payment is made.

38. However, ‘HB only’ claimants will be excluded from SDP transitional payments as analysis has shown that HB only claimants do not normally experience losses when moving to UC.

39. The small number of HB only claimants who may lose out on moving to UC (usually due to their income or earnings), will be able to be considered for a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) if they require support with their rental costs.

40. To support this, there are planned changes to the DHP Guidance (England and Wales), to include these claimants in the list of recommended priority groups.

See this full DWP release here for all of the above.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/la-welfare-direct-bulletins-2019/la-welfare-direct-bulletin-72019-lite
    ⬇️

I had a headache reading it all ...god it's all these different acts and I was like god I ain.t got a clue..but lit the next load that going on it..its been awful for us that lost it..I had to move because no funding for care in the community these days ..so I moved to get help then lost all my servere disable premiums 2 yes now ..so the next faze that transferring hope and pray that it goes steady for them..but we talking about uc ..u never no wat is happening next ...
    @Government_needs_reform thanks for that! I've saved the link and will read it later when i have more time and this headache has gone. Much appreciated!
    @Government_needs_reform thanks for that! I've saved the link and will read it later when i have more time and this headache has gone. Much appreciated!
    Always welcome @poppy123456 and glad to help my friend❤️
    ⬇️

Omg I was reading it all ..god I was more confused but I suppose they ha e to pass laws and it comes under acts and all ...its a long read but u need a law book and I ain.t got one to hand to write it all down in a simpler terms ...but u have a good shot of coffee or a cold drink to get u through it..but yes it was sudden it came out of nowhere ...but it's not going to be paid out right away ..I patience enough ..well we all have been ..but it's a read in half ..but there loads more people that's been waiting longer than me .so there going to be alot more and some are going back so many yrs me it's been 2 yrs ..but its news we been waiting for ..but I don.t really no about the next faze ..but a strong coffee or a long cold drink and few headache tablets might work....but it's the legal side and the acts is the point that's hard for me ..
    @jude1967 your certainly not kidding it takes days and hours to sift through all the red tape and all the amendments.

But what's truly disgusting is Amber Rudd forced these regulations through without a proper debate? 

She used underhand tactics to force this legislation through so MPs won't get a vote on whether to approve it, as it will be fast-tracked using an obscure emergency law instead in the last days of Theresa May's rule. she rushed through laws last night.

Not happy.

@poppy123456 this is a latest reply from Justin Tomlinson regarding lost SDP payments. We will see how long they will take to pay everyone back their money.

⬇️

I no I couldn't.t believe it myself ..I think she might rushed it through because we hot new priminster and maybe that's ex prime minister last  stand .I was confused myself ..not even a mention I think it was 20 mp turned up God nos with this government with all the twist and turns crazy 
    So will they be paying it all off in one payment?????
    I would expect you'll receive the backdated money as a lump sum. Of course the future extra money will be paid monthly.
    edited July 2019
    I was concerned about this ..they saying that people lost £100 ..we didn't.t we lost all sdp .also is there a sneaky gut feeling are they talking the loss they saying is only £100 that's there going to be no £450 compensation each mnth ..I sort thinking outside the box really that they going to short change us on compensation. As I reading and I am thinking the way the dwp as they lie so much that in fact there won.t be the compensation as outlined £405 ..so I haven.t shelved my court papers for the high court as I have the solictors that dealing with the disable men that won their case in the crown courts ..I rattle myself all around the government news paperwork on the laws they inforcing ..how does £100  come to mind and all they doing is say nothing on the paperwork it's worth more the sdp we lost I don.t no if anyone else has come to that conclusion ..so if they going to try and pull a fast one that it's just £100 as in fact we still not going to be paid and only they say £405 that just not going to happen I trying to work between the lines..wat do u think on it..the problem is that the dwp are not honest and they throwing in the law the act and I now thinking theres more to this than meets the eye ..so i think there more to this than meets the eye ..isn't.t it awful u got to think on the lies the dwp have done ..infect really we in affect only going to shortfall of the £45 ...i tried reading between the lines and they have not in fact stated out the compensation at all ..the going to pull the wool over our eyes they are working on those that's on the highest premiums on uncredit so in effect it's going to a very large shortfall ....I been trying to work it out and really there still not going to even reinstate the premiums it's going to be added to the the premiums that's because us that got a serious condition are just going to get the increase to payment will will raise to 405 ..so I can see this coming and as it  written in law now its will be harder for us to fight it if I am correct ..
     So its seems we not getting compensation at all I knew if I went to a few my contact thst I get the truth .so intact its look like my court papers going in had enough ..the servere disable premiums were for people living on their own which was at time over £67 a wk ..trying to pull the wool over our eyes..I knew if I asked people that I get down to the true facts ..its bad enough we have to have medical to prove we are disable then this ..so I thought I would share .so in fact a single person with needing care in affect is not going to get compensation just back payments of 120 a mnth 
    Hi Jude,  it seems someone in the government still can't add up.  The compensation for someone who has LCWRA (I think that's what you get?) is going to be £120 per month.

It should be £180 a month so I can see this going back to court again!!!!

So for you, find the total number of months since you claimed UC, multiply that by £120 and that is the lump sum they will pay you.  Then your UC should increase by £120 a month going forward.

I think they are planning to do the calculations and payments now, but I don't know how long it will take to go through all the claimd
  • rodmrodm Member Posts: 6 Listener
    For those who are due an sdp refund , call the sdp helpline on 08001814049 , and inform them that you should have been in receipt of sdp. They take your details and contact you within 48 hours , I'm expecting my call back today, I shall keep you informed.
  • aspieangieaspieangie Member Posts: 19 Listener
    rodm said:
    For those who are due an sdp refund , call the sdp helpline on 08001814049 , and inform them that you should have been in receipt of sdp. They take your details and contact you within 48 hours , I'm expecting my call back today, I shall keep you informed.
    Thanks for this.

I'm confused about my situation. I was on ESA support Group and PIP Enhanced and got EDP as I lived with partner. Partner and I split up and I moved into a different property. Under ESA I would've got SDP due to living alone and getting PIP. But UC was in my area so I didn't get SDP. No idea if I'd be eligible for the payment 🤷 does anyone know? Thanks 
  • user101user101 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi I'm new to posting on here but have been looking all the time for other news on sdp payback. I rang uc on Wednesday they said I would to be contacted within 48 hours, but all I received was a note in my journal telling me the process would take time and they cant give me a certain date! So basically no point in them making me wait 48 hours, I wouldnt get your Hope's up I did and was very disappointed 
    I'm sorry you ended up feeling let down @user101. Thanks for letting us know though. :smile:
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Thanks for this.

I'm confused about my situation. I was on ESA support Group and PIP Enhanced and got EDP as I lived with partner. Partner and I split up and I moved into a different property. Under ESA I would've got SDP due to living alone and getting PIP. But UC was in my area so I didn't get SDP. No idea if I'd be eligible for the payment 🤷 does anyone know? Thanks 
    Unfortunately, in this situation you won't be entitled to any refund because when you lived with your partner you weren't entitled to SDP. When you moved you claimed UC and UC doesn't have the disability premiums.

To be entitled to backdated money then you must have been entitled to SDP within 1 month of claiming UC and because you lived with your partner then you won't qualify.
    This is ridiculous now that they say they paying just so they can do the next faze they couldn.t get it correct on this universal credit one lie after another so really we could all be here in months to come because they won.t rush and it's bad enough the constant lie ..we were told from the beginning that compensate us ..but it's all bravado to be honest ...thsts exactly the response to palm you off saying they contact u in 48 hrs they used that before to brush people off ..I never get contacted back I still not got contacted back through my journal months ago ..the hoping to go at a snail pace just the same Rudd rushed through the laws at the 11th hr a smell a rat  as usual..wen will the dwp stop playing God with fusable people lives .I had to do a few people I no that would give me the truth and they did so in fact they still conning us as I knew where to go but if I can get the information...rudd needs to be ashamed as she reckon she nos how hard it is to be disable ...as no wonder the 11th hr ..but guess wat it's all politics and there really no justice really for disable people...
  • jacksaaajacksaaa Member Posts: 17 Connected
    I’m the same I rang up Wednesday an told them I’m entitled to something they said I’d get called back I never got the same message rang up yesterday said they have escalated said I’d be getting called today again hasn’t happened
    Guy just come off the  fine they  have not received anything yet from the dwp so in fact I smell a rat and I asked them about the compensation.they said they have not been told .so it's just them going to stall now ..knew they would disgusting management from all side 
    Ive been on the phone today they saying this is going to take a long time I really can see them doing every little thing they’d possibly can to not pay people I’m giving up with it now I told them keep the money 
    I asked them outright about compensation as there been no word on it I sending my court papers now ..had enough ..they said to me not all people are untitled to it ..unless you ont the higher lwcra...so really then going to beworse for those that was Putin the lower lwcra..she got a bit smart with metoldher straight ..I not having thiscrap for anotherfewyrs and also there no compensation they saying the compensation is after you get the premium of the extra100 I ask well how come that they come to that wen it for the extra for people that living on their own and as I pointed out it doesn.tmatter way group in as that's still unfair ..but she said she send my paperwork up but like I said there is no compensation only the extra top you get ..Leo I just said ok see way the courts have to say she was like not giving meany info untill I told them..they are not going torushthatnumber above is nothing really they not helpful at all
    edited August 2019
    The backdated money owed to those that were previously claiming the SDP within 1 month of claiming UC is not going to be paid straight away. The regulations were brought out last week and there's going to be thousands of claims to look through. They won't be paying everyone that transferred across to UC because there's criteria you have to meet.

The compensation is £120 per month backdated, if you're already claiming the LCWRA element. I realise it's extremely frustrating but like everything it takes time to pay backdated money.

Exactly like those that transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA where the big error was made many years ago, it takes time to process and decisions for who's owed what isn't going to made overnight.
  • rodmrodm Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Further to my earlier comment, after going backwards and forwards with uc staff, a few 48 hour call backs, and escalations to manager that got no where, I've been informed that the 48 hour call back is a guideline and should not have given out to claimants. The above number , can only be used to inform them that you should be considered for sdp. There are not accepting enquiries into hand overs , and I'm afraid to say that poppy123456 is completely correct in her estimations of time scale. Unfortunately, its a matter of more patience
    Anyone any news? I’ve still not had no news I’ve told them I should be entitled I’m tempered to ring again today an ask for a manager 
    They say it takes as long as it going to take that's the answer and if u ring uc they said to me it not even put on their system and we could be waiting months so had enough bad attitude from them also they not paying wat the courts are saying so I reckon its might be longer ..so if u have any luck tell us 
    I agree also that this is going to take some time to start paying people. Very frustrating for all those waiting.
    I will be ringing again today to ask for a manager from the sdp helpline and try my hardest to find out some information more than likely I will get told we don’t know! Just don’t see why they said they was paying people from 3 weeks ago because I haven’t heard of one person getting anything 
    I’ve heard of a handful that have been contacted now. It’s definitely not going as quickly as I’d like though!
    The attitude they had ..so sent all my forms off to solictor..they attitudes stinks and I had enough of them talking to me like I should be gratefull the sdp is being paid ..I sent my paperwork to the solictor thsts already dealing with cases in court ..they say one thing and they short changing the very people that don.t get care as single disable people are frown on..so I will not be contact them again just leave that to the courts and judges deal with them from now on ..done with them now ..
  • user101user101 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    I feel the same I too will be emailing the solicitors with all my paperwork it's a joke 
  • ptheshadowptheshadow Member Posts: 13 Connected
    edited August 2019
    The thing I need to know is, my wife gets LCWRA & I care for her, before we were transferred to U/C because of a change in circumstances, I was getting SDP for myself, will I get the back payments & will they pay me for the loss of my SDP.
    The thing I need to know is, my wife gets LCWRA & I care for her, before we were transferred to U/C because of a change in circumstances, I was getting SDP for myself, will I get the back payments & will they pay me for the loss of my SDP.
    HI,

What was the change of circumstances that prompted a move to UC? Does your wife claim PIP daily living or DLA mid high rate care?

When you were claiming SDP were you living alone or was your wife claiming a qualifying benefit so you were claiming the couples rates of SDP? Or were you claiming Carers allowance for your wife and SDP for yourself?

Does anyone claim carers allowance for you now?

Sorry for the questions but without asking these it's impossible to help you further.
    Our 12 year old grandson who is on the autistic spectrum, moved in with us or would have gone into care, my wife got the PIP high care rate & standard mobility rate, she now gets the high rate of both. I get the high care & standard mobility rate, I claim carers allowance for my wife & no one claims carers allowance for me so I got the SDP payment. No one claims carers allowance for me at all.
    edited August 2019
    Hi @ptheshadow and welcome to the community. :) You should get the SDP payment for yourself. It might be worth you giving the SDP line a call and giving them a nudge as your situation isn't a standard one. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
  • teardy1275teardy1275 Member Posts: 8 Listener
    Ive read on news now that over 6000 universal credit disabled claimants have received their sdp refund on an average of 2100 I hope mine comes through soon. 
    Ive read on news now that over 6000 universal credit disabled claimants have received their sdp refund on an average of 2100 I hope mine comes through soon. 
    Hi,

If you're entitled then there will be a message left on your journal some point in the future. Whether you're entitled will depend on circumstances. Not everyone that moved across will receive backdated money.
    Hi poppy I have received a note from clydbank saying ivebeen identified but its a long process and they cant give dates. Do you know of anyone being paid?
    Yes, they have started to pay people but like you said there's a lot of people owed money and it could take some time to get through everyone.
    Hi @teardy1275 and a warm welcome to the community! I hope you are able to get this clarified. :) 
    Community Partner
    Scope
    I think it's a standard reply to everyone, who's been in touch with them, I phoned the SDP claim number & they told me, that they put my name on the list & when I got a SDP person on to my case they'd be in touch, since then I've had a message from Clydebank, saying it would take time as it's not a straight forward process. I think what they mean is they don't want to rush, all they have to do is check whether we got the payment, when we were on Income Support before being transferred to U/C, but that would be to easy.
    Has anyone on here recieved their back payment 
    I've heard of several people that have received backdated money, so they are definitely starting to contact those that are affected. If you're one of them look out for a message on your journal sometime in the future. How long it takes is anyone's guess.
    Have you heard anything @jude1967?
    Like Poppy, I've heard of a number of people now having received payments, so they're clearly starting to get through them.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
    Why are some people being paid earlier than other regarding the sdp refund? It seems unfair that some have received it when others like myself haven't. I know people on here are saying they know that people are being paid but I'm sceptical. My UC case manager said I was first to be referred to get it yet all I've had is a journal message and lots of excuses from UC staff. 
    Why are some people being paid earlier than other regarding the sdp refund? It seems unfair that some have received it when others like myself haven't. I know people on here are saying they know that people are being paid but I'm sceptical. My UC case manager said I was first to be referred to get it yet all I've had is a journal message and lots of excuses from UC staff. 
    There's 1000's of people to go through and unfortunately, it's not going to happen over night. To be honest i've only read a few people that have received it.  Hopefully it won't be much longer.
    It's just that I only applied for my ESA refund last week and received it Friday. I can't understand why UC has taken over 5 weeks now. I don't know personally of anyone receiving UC refund only read on internet
    It's just that I only applied for my ESA refund last week and received it Friday. I can't understand why UC has taken over 5 weeks now. I don't know personally of anyone receiving UC refund only read on internet
    What ESA refund are you talking about please? Were you in receipt of SDP within 1 month of your claim for UC starting? If so was this with your ESA claim?
    Hi poppy I e had two refundd going on a ESA one when I was on wrong rate in 2017 and UC when I lost sdp 14 months ago. I got the refund for ESA wrong rate after a week of inquiries but the UC one which is from last July when I was forced on to Uc when I moved flats I e only had a journal msg from Clydebank
    Hi @teardy1275, have you given the Universal Credit SDP line a call? They may be able to give you more information on a potential time frame. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
    I rang the sdp line and then received z journal msg and phone call telling me I'll receive transitional payments soon. If I didn't ring my claim was just froze on a desk and would never have been processed do I advise a people who have a claim to call the sdp line and hurry them up. I will get my money on next payment day which is 23rd. ...... can't wait
    That's brilliant @teardy1275 and thank you for the tip for everyone else too. :) 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
    For all the claimants that received their sdp refund I would suggest calling the sdp UC line ASAP. I rang after the advice from Adrian and found out my claim had been left dormant on a desk and they didn't tell me either. They thought I wasn't eligible so I challenged them and they agreed to pay me. I will receive my money and ongoing top ups from 23rd September my next assessment or pay date. So if u haven't heard anything give them a call!!! Good luck
    I had message on my journal today and I'll receive 1680 on Friday for the loss of my sdp . At last !!
    That's great @teardy1275, I'm so pleased for you! It's taken a while but at least it's getting sorted now. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
    edited September 2019
    I phoned them last week to give them a nudge & she took my details, put me on hold & then told me they were just getting around to the couples claims, so we may start to here from them, but I wonder if they're going to try & short change us.
    That's great news @teardy1275, I imagine that was such a relief, so happy for you!

I hope you aren't waiting much longer @ptheshadow!
    Community Partner
    Scope
    I phoned the U/C SDP help line again yesterday & they told me, I was on the list to go onto the main list & that there were only a couple of people, doing the couples list & that they couldn't say how long it would be, but to phone them every month to see how it's going & so they don't forget me.
    Just an update I've received my back payment & they've paying us £120 per month, but I've also had to phone U/C to see, why they've not payed us £405 a month for the first 3 months of the claim, as you don't get LCWRA for the first 3 months of your claim & they are looking into it.
    Great news they've finally sorted your backpay and future payments @ptheshadow. I hope they look into and sort the missing part for you quickly. :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
Sign in or join us to comment.