Help with a covering letter for a year absence from working? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with a covering letter for a year absence from working?

Options
Jimbobgee
Jimbobgee Community member Posts: 3 Listener
After a few years on esa im finally ready to get back to work with plenty of momentum behind me, the only problem being for 2018 I have quite litterally nothing I could tell an employer despite possibly embellishing some cash in hand work for my landlord who would not be a suitable refference, for the years before I'm ok just this last one. For some context i'm 25 have  no qualifications other than 5 gsces in maths and english. The missing year wasn't wasted as I spent the time really engaging with music, learned alot about piano playing from youtube, this "hobby" really allowed me get over a lot of anxiety and negativity however its a couple of years from the incident that led to me being on esa (the one with out having to visit a job centre for mental health). Currently all ive got is a brief parageaph how this time gave me an appreciation for contribution,productivity and ability to get over obstacles. All I really have is adjectives, though I should avoid being too emotive? Or should I just cover the last year briefly and go straight onto how my previous roles make me suited to the position. Thanks.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.