If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip renewal due april 2020

cb1976cb1976 Posts: 3Member Listener
When should I hear when I have to renew pip claim my due april 2020 and what does the renewal process involve xx

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 12,735Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Reviews now take place 6 months before the award is due to end so it will be sometime in November you'll receive review forms.

When you receive those form you should treat it as a new claim and put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Expect a face to face assessment because most people have them. Evidence will be needed to support your claim so i'd advise you to start to gather some now and then you'll be prepared once the forms arrive.

Basically it's the same process the first time you applied.
  • cb1976cb1976 Posts: 3Member Listener
    What kind of evidence would I need
  • Government_needs_reformGovernment_needs_reform Posts: 800Member Pioneering
    edited September 11
    @cb1976 anything that has information about you, and how you function on a day to day basis, PIP is based on functional tests.

If you have diagnosis for any of your medical conditions will help,  but it's not about your diagnosis as functional evidence is better.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

"This must not be allowed to happen"

The Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) has published a contract notice announcing its plans for a £3.1billion revamp of heath checks for Personal Independence Payments (PIP) and other benefits.

PIP is not ESA or even UC, having one assessment for those benefits is morally wrong to treat them as ONE size fits all with that one assessment.

Latest update 9th May 2019

DWP confirms single assessment plans, despite Tomlinson confusion

The government has confirmed that it is pushing ahead with plans to test how it might be able to merge two disability benefit assessments into one, despite comments from a minister that appeared to suggest that no such plans were being discussed.

But DWP has now made it clear to Disability News Service that testing of a single assessment will be going ahead.

• cb1976cb1976 Posts: 3Member Listener
    My mental and physical health has got worse do i need to inform pip or should i wait until my revirw date
  • david235david235 Posts: 170Member Pioneering
    You could report a change in circumstances now @cb1976 , which would trigger an early reassessment, or you could just wait for your review papers.

There is an obligation to report any improvement in your condition which might mean you are being paid too much benefit. However, it is difficult to say there is any obligation to report deterioration; at most you are denying yourself additional benefit. Nobody is obliged to claim benefit if they do not want to.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 12,735Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    As you'll receive your review forms very soon then my advice it to wait. A worsening of condition doesn't mean you'll be awarded a higher rate.
Sign in or join us to comment.