Neurological conditions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Essential Tremors

MaxBMaxB Member Posts: 30 Courageous
I suffer with essential tremors, my right arm and hand is the worst, my left hand is starting to shake now, and these last few months I have developed a yes-yes head tremor. Has anyone got any advice or tips for dealing with this. I have tried beta blockers but they do nothing for my hand tremors but do slightly help with the head tremor.

Replies

• deb74deb74 Member Posts: 614 Pioneering
    Hi @maxB I have a friend who suffers from really bad tremors. He mainly has problems with his head shaking but his hands do shake as well. I would talk to your doctor about it they may be able to prescribe something to calm it down. I am not sure what my friend takes.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 8,969 Scope community team
    Hi @MaxB, sorry to hear this, it must be frustrating. Have you spoken to your doctor recently? There might be some other medication that may be more effective.

Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope
  • MaxBMaxB Member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Unfortunately there are no medications that cure it, only beta blockers that might help. In america they have been trailing out non surgical deep brain stimulation with very positive results...so we will probably get round to this in the UK in about 20yrs time. *sarcastic smile*..
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 8,969 Scope community team
    Sorry to hear that @MaxB. I hope others will share their experiences. 
    Community Partner
    Scope
Sign in or join us to comment.