If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Happiness

AndyGTAndyGT Posts: 48Member Courageous
What makes you Happy?  It is a simple question but the answer is anything but simple. There is no one thing that makes us all happy.  I could sit here and say that my team winning the 6 Nations or the Rugby Premiership makes me happy. Or some good comedy (which like art is a matter of opinion) . Also warm sunny days and being in doors watching a fresh snow fall and also the smell of fresh bread. Finally seeing other people happy also puts a smile on my face and gives me that buzz.  It does not matter what makes them happy, as long as they are. 

Replies

• deb74deb74 Posts: 496Member Pioneering
     Hi @AndyGT. Listening to my favourite music (mainly rock music) and also walking my lovely boarder collie Bella make me happy.
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Posts: 6,127Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    A lovely post @AndyGT! Helping others makes me happy, and the sun shining! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 17,332Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Being with my girls because they are my world! seeing my fur baby (cat), helping others and warm weather. Approximately 8 weeks i'll be adding "seeing my new grandson" to that list! <3
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • WestHam06WestHam06 Posts: 131Community champion Pioneering
    Hi @AndyGT
                           Thank you for your post. Supporting others and making sure that others are happy is what puts a smile on my face. Thank you. 
  • FranstrahanFranstrahan Posts: 896Member Pioneering
    Dogs, horses, fish, birds, roses, alpines, cacti, etc. The Natural World
  • AilsAils Posts: 1,472Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Spending time with my family and friends, helping others, enjoying hobbies/activities such as arts & crafts and Tai Chi, doing some cooking and eating the finished product, playing with my cat and going out in the sun on a lovely Summer's day.  We all need things to make us happy!  This is a great wee discussion,@AndyGT so thanks!

Congratulations for when your new grandson comes, @poppy123456!  Exciting times!  :smile:
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 17,332Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    @Ails thank you! Yes, very exciting. My first grandchild and i'm counting the days until i meet him :)
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • AilsAils Posts: 1,472Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    You are welcome @poppy123456.  That is so exciting!  Please let us know when he arrives.  Lovely news!  :smile:
    Happiness is a warm puppy

I think that was Charles Schulz in the Peanuts cartoon
  • pollyanna1052pollyanna1052 Posts: 1,628Member Disability Gamechanger
    new babies and smiling with happiness for those who get to cuddle that sweet little bundle!

seeing my hard pressed hubby laugh.....his role as my main carer seems to have worn him down

visitors

looking at my toy poodle Sophie..she is so pretty!

Sophie is with Willow, her cousin.
    They're lovely @pollyanna1052. Poodles are so intelligent. Got the looks and the brains!
  • AndyGTAndyGT Posts: 48Member Courageous
    It's amazing how much a dog, or any pet can put a smile on someone's face. It is a lovely relaxing feeling to sit there and stroke a dog.  I was watching s programme on tv the other day and they showed a piece about dogs and small ponies being taken in to a home where most of the people suffer from some sort of dementia. The smiles on their faces and that spark of recognition  was a wonderful thing to see. One of the best things to see is that smile on someone else's face.
    I used to own PAT dogs, two in the nineties, and another more recently. Hopefully got another one now nearly ready to go for his test. All mine did some wonderful work without even knowing it. Oh I forgot Misty, she did heel work to music, so would 'dance' in the community lounges at care homes.
    Horses are another story, I'm getting help from horses currently.
    I hope the horses help you.  The piece I saw on tv I thought the dogs and horses were amazing.  Personally, I always find them so calming. 
    Animals are great de-stressers. Dont know if they still do it but dentists waiting rooms use to have a fish tank. Watching peaceful little tropical fish is relaxing, calming. Two of the care homes I visited also had fish tanks. So doesnt have to be a fur baby!
  • SeanchaiSeanchai Posts: 240Member Pioneering
    I love nature , I love animals and especially my lazy bulldog ( Hamish) ...one word from me and he does exactly what he wants to do🤔🤨 I was drawn to Bulldogs and kept Bulldogs for over 25 years . Before I had Bulldogs,  I trained gun dogs , I also trained a rottweiler , he would do anything for me .swith lights on and off , close the door after he came into a room ...an easy dog to train. 
    Yep Nature is beautiful ....but can also be dangerous .
    Love watching those assistance dogs, what they can do. Your rottie reminded of them @Seanchai. We have guide dogs, hearing dogs, dogs that can prewarn people with epilepsy, dogs that'll help you in the supermarket, load and unload the washing machine, even get the hose and water the garden for you.
    Three cheers for dogs!!
    For this year`s Poppy Day, we must get blue poppies. These signify and celebrate the roles animals had in the wars and today, helping ex-military personnel who were injured in wars and benefit from service dogs.
    @pollyanna1052
    My vet had them on sale last year. They said they come out earlier than the red ones, and the red ones take pride of place when they arrive, so had to ask for mine, they were under the counter.
    Did you know 8 million horses died in the first world war.
    @pollyanna1052
    My vet had them on sale last year. They said they come out earlier than the red ones, and the red ones take pride of place when they arrive, so had to ask for mine, they were under the counter.
    Did you know 8 million horses died in the first world war.

No I didn't...wow! After having seen Warhorse....it makes you think.

I`ll be getting my blue poopy as well as my red one this time round.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Posts: 7,083Administrator Scope community team
    What makes me happy?

Laughing to the point where it hurts your stomach, a good cup of coffee, anything that's yellow, being with family, going on adventures, photography, writing, having a book that you can't put down, the company of dogs/ cats, fresh air, crocheting, making memories, meeting up with friends, warm weather, pretty shoes, a good TV series and appreciating the little things in life!  <3

Thank you, it was really lovely to think about that! :)
    Chloe
    Online Community Officer
    Wow Chloe......you must be happy 99% of the time!

Lovely to read your comments xx
    A good laugh And hence good comedy can not only make you feel happy but can also help with a number of ailments. As well as rugby, and the like I have mentioned before anything with custard, especially banana will always make me happy  and also a good hug and gentle kiss....
    Custard is always a good idea @AndyGT!!

Thanks @pollyanna1052 haha, I guess it's about noticing those little things. :)
    Chloe
    Online Community Officer
  • 66Mustang66Mustang Posts: 301Member Pioneering
    Driving my car  :)
    Comedy  :D
    Good food/drink  :p
    Meeting nice people  :smiley:
    Posting on forums  B)
    Learning :grin:
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Posts: 5,283Administrator Scope community team
    Reading these really made me take note of all the small things that brighten my day.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
    I am glad it has helped.
    edited February 13
    People got anything else to add? :)
    Chloe
    Online Community Officer
  • laura222laura222 Posts: 12Member Connected
    A lovely, hot cup of coffee... and maybe a biscuit... or two. What's that? The kettle's boiled? Don't mind if I do!
    A baggy jumper on a cold morning.

Smell.of Fresh Bread
    I love these!

@laura222, if the kettle has just boiled would you mind making me a coffee? Milk, two sugars please!

*pinches a biscuit... or two!*
    Chloe
    Online Community Officer
    Chloe-_Scope: What biscuits? Personally I would go for  Jam Sandwich Creams or Fig Rolls. Mmmmmm biscuits.
    Jammie Dodgers yes. Swap the fig rolls for Bourbons. My two favourites. Fig rolls!!!
    Bourbons are good but if you are talking chocolate biscuits it has to be those you can get in M&S -  Dutch shortcake. No good for dunking but an excellent biscuit.  
    Bourbons and jammie Dodgers have been favourites since I was a kid, but anything with chocolate on or in scores high on my list. Plain digestives buttered are nice too.
    Cookies, chocolate digestives, fig rolls, ginger biscuits, hobnobs... is that too many?  :D
    Chloe
    Online Community Officer
  • laura222laura222 Posts: 12Member Connected
    You can never have too many! I just had a mint-chocolate Choco Leibniz and now I feel super-fancy!
    They sound divine!!  <3
    Chloe
    Online Community Officer
Sign in or join us to comment.