Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Check you're happy with the email notifications you're receiving.
• Have a look at how the community will be changing its appearance.
• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Explain ESA85A

MoolyMooly Member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi I need some help with this please, I received an ESA85A Medical Report Form, would I have had a face to face assessment with a Health Care Profesional to get this? thanx

Replies

• chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 2,313 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Mooly - The answer is no. The ESA85a is the Health Care Professional's report when you haven't needed a Work Capability Assessment (WCA). If you have a WCA, it's an ESA85. Hope this explains. :)
  • MoolyMooly Member Posts: 5 Listener
    That explains a lot, I was moved to the support group and as I had fought and failed to get into the support group on 3 previous occasions I requested a written statement of reason, what I received was an ESA85A saying I was moved to the support group on the evidence considered from 2018,2017 and 2013 this is the 3 occasion's I had been refused. So I requested they backdate my support group rate to 2013, To which I received a letter saying I was moved to the support group after my most recent assessment by a Health care professional..I knew I never had that assessment, Thank you,  the fight goes on
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Administrator Posts: 6,463 Scope community team
    Great news about being moved to the support group @Mooly and best of luck with the fight for backdating to 2013. 
    I'm glad @chiarieds was able to help with your query regarding the forms.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
Sign in or join us to comment.