Hi my name is Melinda — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi my name is Melinda

Options
melindajade121
melindajade121 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
Hello, my name is Melinda and im on the autistic spectrum. I like learning languages, learning about space and anatomy and I like everything related to Harry Potter. I will be 22 in November too. 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @melindajade121 - Welcome to this great community, & thank you for sharing about yourself. We have a lot of members on the autistic spectrum, & you might like to have a look at some posts about this on Scope. See: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/learning-disabilities-and-autism
    What languages are you learning? I'm trying to learn German.
    I've always been interested in anatomy (especially neuroanatomy, as well as neurophysiology), which I became interested in as a physio student. My son is into big cats & astronomy. His wife likes Harry Potter, & has all the books, which she re-reads. Sorry to say my son & I haven't read them!
    I hope you enjoy being part of this community. You might like our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' where we chat about books, music, films, our pets, hobbies & interests, & much more. :)

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @melindajade121 and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It's really nice to meet you and have you on board!  Thank you for sharing with us and what a lovely photo you have shown us too.  

You have some great interests there!  I like watching the Harry Potter films, but haven't read any of the books so far.  

I hope you enjoy your time with us on the forum and meet some new friends along the way.  We are a friendly bunch of people here!  I look forward to seeing you around.  If we can be of any help to you then please just say.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @melindajade121.
    What interests you about space? It's one of my favourite subjects, even if I don't really understand much of it!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • melindajade121
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @melindajade121 - Welcome to this great community, & thank you for sharing about yourself. We have a lot of members on the autistic spectrum, & you might like to have a look at some posts about this on Scope. See: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/learning-disabilities-and-autism
    What languages are you learning? I'm trying to learn German.
    I've always been interested in anatomy (especially neuroanatomy, as well as neurophysiology), which I became interested in as a physio student. My son is into big cats & astronomy. His wife likes Harry Potter, & has all the books, which she re-reads. Sorry to say my son & I haven't read them!
    I hope you enjoy being part of this community. You might like our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' where we chat about books, music, films, our pets, hobbies & interests, & much more. :)

At the moment I'm addicted to learning mandarin Chinese. It's my favourite language by far! 
  • melindajade121
    Options
    Welcome to the community @melindajade121.
    What interests you about space? It's one of my favourite subjects, even if I don't really understand much of it!
    I just like looking at different planets and seeing pictures of them. I also like games that take place in space because it makes me feel like an astronaut helping aliens with what they need help with. I like helping everyone in any way possible. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I love looking at pictures of different planets as well. In fact the background on both my computer screen and my phone are photos of Neptune which I think is really beautiful. :smile:
    Do you have a favourite planet?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @melindajade121! Fellow Harry Potter fan here! I'm a Hufflepuff, have you taking the sorting hat quiz? :)
    Scope

• melindajade121
    Options
    I love looking at pictures of different planets as well. In fact the background on both my computer screen and my phone are photos of Neptune which I think is really beautiful. :smile:
    Do you have a favourite planet?
    I like looking at space pictures of earth ? so pretty. When I was younger I liked Pluto because of Pluto the super dog. 
  • melindajade121
    Options
    Hi @melindajade121! Fellow Harry Potter fan here! I'm a Hufflepuff, have you taking the sorting hat quiz? :)
    OMG I'm a Hufflepuff too!!!! 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    OMG I'm a Hufflepuff too!!!! 
    The BEST news!  :D  <3
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.