Ask a chronic pain adviser
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

My New GP is refusing to prescribe...

Emily_Emz33Emily_Emz33 Member Posts: 16 Courageous
Hi, I wasn't sure where to turn or who to talk to about this so I thought the best place to start was here.

I have just recently changed to a new gp practitioner due to moving areas. 

I was due a repeat prescription and as I am new I had to have a phone consultation for my first prescription. A GP phoned me and I told her what I needed which was my slow release oxycodone and my instant release oxycodone which my pain Management consultant put me on almost 18 months ago. 

She refused point blank to prescribe my oral solution which tops up the pain relief on days I can barely move. So not only has that been suddenly stopped my pain levels will Increase because of a sudden stop of strong medication. 

I cried my eyes out on the phone and asked what am I supposed to do. She just said "well u have ur cocodamol and amitriptyline and I am not going to prescribe you the oxycodone solution. We dont do that here"

I'm lost. I've no idea what to do and already feel ignored by a new gp. Instantly I feel like I wont be understood. I feel like I'm back to square one after years and years of this happening. I'm now terrified to go and see these drs. My pain is real. My pain is excruciating and I now feel alone and unsupported.
Emily 

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.