Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

What TV shows did you watch growing up?

Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Administrator Posts: 433 Pioneering
Good morning all, I hope your weekend has started off well :) 

Time to reminisce!

I've had many conversations lately with people about TV shows we used to watch as children, and I always enjoy hearing other people's memories because we all come from unique upbringings and loved different things.

When I was a child I watched things like Teletubbies and  Tweenies, and then latterly Scooby-Doo and Basil Brush. I have such fond memories of all of them, whether it be the concept of the show or a character I particularly loved.

What did you used to watch when you were growing up? And what do you recall loving about those shows? 

Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Replies

• leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 1,258 Pioneering
    edited September 5
    I remember watching watch with mother but I don’t remember anything about the content at all. I do have a fond memory of watching the adventures of Twizzle, a most remarkable boy who had extending arms and legs and a best friend who was a cat, great program. Then of course there were other programs like Doctor who with William Hartnell playing the doctor, and old reruns of Zoro and the Lone Ranger. Wow, a long long time ago...

When we first got a telly there was only BBC One and I think Two, I’m sure it used to stop at Ten pm as well.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Administrator Posts: 433 Pioneering
    The Adventures of Twizzle sounds very interesting and unique @leeCal, I've not heard of it before :D 

Doctor Who is a fantastic one, we all have that one actor who played the Doctor who we associate with growing up. For me it was David Tennant. Do you still watch the show now? 

Yes my early memories of television were of there just being four channels, seems crazy now looking back considering the vast array of channels and services there are now. 

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
    No @Ross_Scope I don’t watch doctor who anymore. It changed for me when e special effects became too Hollywood, the older versions were more gritty and realistic in many ways. I’ll always remember the Daleks though, cruel and mean and humanity’s sworn enemy...if I remember rightly. We’d play Daleks at school and often ‘exterminate’ each other for twenty minutes or so! 
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 3,106 Disability Gamechanger
    The programmes you mention @Ross_Scope were not there i n my childhood you must be showing your young age there

I used to watch magic roundabout, blue peter, clangers, trumpton . They are all a lot better than the americanised kids programmes out nowadays
    edited September 5
    Makes sense @leeCal, it has become very dramatic and bombastic at times in terms of the special effects and plot lines.

The Daleks still scare me a little to this day :D The Cybermen too, and most recently the Weeping Angels. Those three villains will unnerve me forever more I think. But exterminating each other sounds like a great way to spend a school play time :D 

Yes I may very well be showing my age there @janer1967 :D I did used to watch Blue Peter as a child so we have that in common at least, that show has been going for so long. What was trumpton about? I've not heard of that one.

• OverlyAnxiousOverlyAnxious Member Posts: 645 Pioneering
    As a young kid we only had 4 channels and it was things like Come Outside (Which seems like an inappropriate title now!), Sesame Street, Barney, Postman Pat, Thomas the Tank Engine.

As an older kid we gained a 5th channel and it was things like Arthur, Hey Arnold, Fairly Odd Parents, Cow & Chicken, Yvon of the Yukon, Art Attack, SMart, Mona the Vampire, Pinky & the Brain, Recess, Rugrats, The Wild Thornberrys, Angry Beavers, The Queens Nose, Scooby Doo, Lizzie Mcguire, Raven, Get Your Own Back, The Cramp Twins, Chucklevision, Horrible Histories, The Really Wild Show, Kerching!, Dick & Dom, Diggit, Milkshake, Jackie Chan Adventures, Looney Tunes, Keenan & Kel...

Very occasionally I'd get to watch things like Dexter or Jonny Bravo if I went round a rich persons house with Sky!  :D

Looking back, it seems like a lot of TV...I should probably have gone outside now and then!  :|

There's one show that I can remember but can't remember the name and it's irritating me lol...it was a cartoon, around 2004ish, there was a young guy with a blue top and square shoulders, blue cap and a small beige dog - I'm almost certain the dog could turn invisible and/or teleport...anyone remember the name of it?  :p
  • 66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 1,186 Disability Gamechanger
    @OverlyAnxious I remember most of those :smiley:

Was the show you are trying to remember about a guy with a dog, I think called Corniel, who could talk, but they didn’t want anyone else to find out that the dog could talk?
    66Mustang said:
    @OverlyAnxious I remember most of those :smiley:

Was the show you are trying to remember about a guy with a dog, I think called Corniel, who could talk, but they didn’t want anyone else to find out that the dog could talk?
    That's the one!!  Just found it, was called Watch My Chops!   :D 
    Just remembered the Flinstones as well...  And Whacky Races...  

As an older kid we gained a 5th channel and it was things like Arthur, Hey Arnold, Fairly Odd Parents, Cow & Chicken, Yvon of the Yukon, Art Attack, SMart, Mona the Vampire, Pinky & the Brain, Recess, Rugrats, The Wild Thornberrys, Angry Beavers, The Queens Nose, Scooby Doo, Lizzie Mcguire, Raven, Get Your Own Back, The Cramp Twins, Chucklevision, Horrible Histories, The Really Wild Show, Kerching!, Dick & Dom, Diggit, Milkshake, Jackie Chan Adventures, Looney Tunes, Keenan & Kel...
    All fantastic shows, I used to watch so many of those myself. Ahhh the memories :D What was Fairly Odd Parents about? Name rings a bell but I can't remember it!

• woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 1,240 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm going to show my age now but I :) a show on you tube last week that I loved as a kid in the 60's "I Love Lucy" with Lucille Ball.
    Also loved Dads Army, never missed Corrie until I got bored with it 5 years ago, as a very very young boy I watched "watch with mother" ...little weeed.
    Fireball XLV and another big favourite was "voyage to the bottom of the sea"
    I probably also watched Muffin the Mule until it became illegal  :)

Strange really for most of the 1960'e there were only two stations but always something worth watching, now we have 300 and it's all [email protected] !
    edited September 5
    Totally agree, and remember pinky and perky, @woodbine, noggin the nog, morph, mork and Mindy(when I was older likewise the fonz) Laramie, Wells Fargo, gunsmoke, rawhide, Z cars. And so on and so on. 
    The saint, Randal and hopkirk deceased, the prisoner, the avengers, thunderbirds. Wow, so many.

(Yes muffin the mule with Muriel somebody, also Bill  and Ben the flowerpot men and Lulu the doll bit iffy) oh yes and crackerjack on Friday afternoons at five pm, contestants won cabbages etc and a pencil, simple pleasures, I still like ...pencils.
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 1,240 Disability Gamechanger
    @leecal you've stirred a few more memories Z cars was brilliant and pinky and perky had hit records.
    edited September 5
    Bonanza, the man from uncle, everyone wanted to play that and be Ilya Kuriakin! The other one was napoleon solo. Ironside, the first detective type where the main actor was permanently in a wheelchair. The tormented Fugitive.
    Sunday night at the palladium. Charlie Drake. 
    edited September 5
    I've not heard of the vast majority of those @woodbine and @leeCal, although Bill and Ben the Flowerpot men is a classic :) 

Also, winning cabbages and pencils sounds very random. Very different to the sort of prizes they give away these days and when I was growing up.

I remember on Dick and Dom there were often 3 prizes in the competitions. The first would be something really good like a games console or a holiday, second would be a £50-100ish prize but third prize was always something stupid; one I remember was the “porridge computer” which was a laptop that had been covered in porridge and so broken :D seemed like a waste
    "Something stupid" are two words I associate with a lot of the shows Dick and Dom used to do :D They were still great shows though.

I remember they used to do a mini game where they would get someone to eat a box of chocolates, one of which was filled with fish paste. The aim of the game was to eat X number of chocolates without getting the horrible one.

Dixon of dock green. Andy pandy. Juke box jury, where they played a selection of that weeks pop music releases and then pontificated on which ones were the best, with David Jacobs. All in glorious black and white. 
  • RAwarriorRAwarrior Member Posts: 469 Pioneering
    The Clangers, Blue Peter, Rainbow, Bod, The Mister Men, Scooby Do, Rentaghost, Crackerjack to name but a few😁
    edited September 5
    Hawaii five o. Highway patrol. And what about Adam Adamant. The val Doonican show, complete with comfy jumper and rocking chair. Tales of the unexpected with Roald Dahl.
  • chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 3,451 Disability Gamechanger
    Captain Pugwash, Noggin the Nog, Tom & Jerry, The Flintstones, & Top Cat, but the most memorable/enjoyable ones were The Magic Roundabout, & Clangers.
    When I watched TV with my eldest daughter, I really enjoyed King Rollo & bought her the books. If I can't find an appropriate card, I still make King Rollo cards all these years later.....you'd have had to have watched this to understand.

@leeCal

I remember the Val Doonican Show😆 and Hawaii Five O “Book him Danno”🤣🤣

Upstairs Downstairs
    Willo the Wisp
    Grange Hill

Seaside Special 
    It’s a Knockout 
    The Good Old Days
    Play School

Chips

Metal Mickey

Shine on Harvey Moon

Some Mothers Do Have Em🤣🤣

Dick Emery Show

• CressCress Member Posts: 123 Pioneering
    Never liked many of the kids tv shows from when I was little...for some reason they always seemed ever so slightly sinister...didnt help that all the narration sounded like it was recorded in a toilet...but when I was tiny I loved a programme called Pogles Wood...god I'm old!

Much preferred the stuff that was on when my kids were growing up...Danger Mouse, Count Duckula, Pingu, bananaman. Loved Ant and Dec on a saturday morning...with Prozac the fairy..lol
    Bagpuss

Babapapa

Pipkins

Tom and Jerry

Roadrunner

Animal Magic was brilliant 😁

Magic Roundabout

Button Moon
  • MobileGamesMobileGames Member Posts: 71 Courageous
    edited September 6
    The Magic Roundabout
    The Wombles
    Jimbo Jet
    Pigeon Street
    Grott Bags
    Count Ducula
    Button Moon
    Fireman Sam
    Spot the dog
    Postman Pat
    Banana Man
    Super Ted
    Thomas The Tank Engine
    Inspector Gadget 
    Fraggle Rock
    Sesame Street
    Sooty
    The Flumps
    Baa Baa
    Super Gran
    Rodd Hull And Emu
    Danger Mouse
    The Munsters
    Sabrina The Teenage Witch
    Going Round The Twist
    The Biz
    Byker Grove
    Neighbours
    Home and Away
    Brookside
    Going Live
    The Two Ronnies
    Gladiators
    You Bet
    Dame Edna Everage Show
    Challenge Aneeka
    Stars In Their Eyes
    The Generation Game
    Take Your Pick
    BlockBusters
    Countdown
    Fifteen To One
    Every Second Counts
    Going For Gold
    Turnabout
    Supermarket Sweep
    Ready,Steady,Cook
    The Crystal Maze
    Wheel of Fortune
    Time After Time
    Bread
    Second Thoughts
    Des O'connor Show
    Rusty Lee 
    Killroy
    The Time,The Place
    Montel Jordan
    Rickki Lake
    Trisha
    Vanessa
    TFI Friday
    Top Of The Pops
    The Top 40
    These are from when I was little up until I was 18. Man I watched a lot of TV! 
    After reading some of the comments,I forgot to add Rentaghost,Basil Brush,Roland Rat,Blue Peter,Rainbow,Tony Hart,Chuckle vision,Art Attack and The Crankies. 

All fantastic shows, I used to watch so many of those myself. Ahhh the memories :D What was Fairly Odd Parents about? Name rings a bell but I can't remember it!
    It was a cartoon, little Timmy Turner with a pink cap, had 2 fairy godparents that granted his every wish!  The wishes always went wrong and caused more problems though...I'm sure there was a moral in there somewhere! :D

chorlton and the Wheelies.

My children watched my parents are aliens, I thought it was well acted and funny.
    Steptoe and son was often funny as was Alf Garnet.
    rising damp with Leonard Rossiter was hilarious 😂 
  • TopkittenTopkitten Member Posts: 1,258 Pioneering
    I remember a few but it was soooooo long ago plus we didn't have a colour TV until I was 14.

Andy Pandy (now banned), The woodentops (also banned), Tales of the Riverbank and Blue Peter a little later ( I actually had a Blue Peter badge, lol!). Then ofc Doctor Who, Fireball XL5 then onto Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet and Joe 90. I get a little confused at times though because of watching so many others sitting with my kids (the girls liked cartoons mostly, a lot Japanese or Korean) and my son was mad about Thomas the Tank Engine.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
    edited September 6
    I forgot about stingray @Topkitten And Ivor the engine, I think Thomas the tank engine was from that series actually? I may be wrong.
    how about Lassie, Rin tin tin, skippy the bush kangaroo and a dolphin but I don’t remember it’s name, also the adventures of Tarzan and the flying doctor. Great stuff. 
  • TopkittenTopkitten Member Posts: 1,258 Pioneering
    edited September 6
    Yep @leeCal, "Lassie", skippy and the dolphin and then also "Robin Hood" but a little older than the initial post for those. Later still came "The Saint" (always struck me that The Saint was acting as James Bond, lol!) and ofc having to sit through "Dixon of Dock Green" and later still "Softly softly" and the detective on the Channel Isles because Dad liked them. Not forgetting cartoons like "Tom & Jerry", "Dangermouse", "Yogi Bear" & "TopCat". Another early one was "Sooty & Sweep" and a bit later "Jackanory" and ofc every Friday early evening was "Crackerjack" and who could forget "Noddy" though I think that's banned too. I seem to remember a show with a story which they read after going through shaped windows.

"Ivor the engine" was made using paper pictures and moving them a frame at a time and don't forget the dragon that always seemed to appear. Thomas was made using the Dinky Toys and narrated by Ringo Starr in the end but I can't remember who did the early ones.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
    Aah, such memories. 🙂
    The dolphin was 'Flipper.' 'Bergerac' was the Jersey detective series. I must have watched quite a bit of TV too, tho I rarely put the TV on nowadays. :)
    Does anyone remember Champion the Wonder 🐎?
    I really liked George and Mildred😁
    Pippi longstocking,  what the heck was that about? Lol

Follyfoot...sister was mad on horses!

I forgot the muppets...meh na meh na, doo doo do do do...
    Drove the teachers at school mad with that one!
    The Last Resort with Johnathan Ross, loved it.
    Whose line is it anyway?
    Saturday Night Live...Ben Elton etc
    And how could I forget Red Dwarf?
    Smoke me a kipper! Lol
    The High Chaparral.

Little House on the Prairie.

Lassie

Bewitched

Tarzan

Opportunity Knocks
    edited September 6
    Branded, gunsmoke and the Virginian were all good cowboy series. Cannon and the peter falk detectives were great USA imports. Rumple of the bailey. Black beauty. What about John pertwee as a talking scarecrow? Stig of the dump the caveboy. 
    Colombo was brilliant 👍
    The Streets of San Francisco.

Secret Army

The Six Million Dollar Man.

The Bionic Woman 
    I must have watched quite a few westerns..... The Lone Ranger, Wagon Train & The High Chaparral. I also had a Man from U.N.C.L.E. revolver, which impressed my school friends...I was quite a tomboy, but really liked David McCallum as Illya Kuryakin; after Paul Newman he was my heartthrob! :)
    The Love Boat

Fantasy Island

Captain Caveman 

Never the Twain

Robin’s Nest

On the Buses

Taxi

Happy Days

Petrocelli

Quincy

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 10,026 Scope community team
    @OverlyAnxious, fairly odd parents!! I remember this! What a throwback.  :D

I also remember Totally Spies, Arthur, Rugrats, Little Bear and Mona the vampire. Good times.  <3
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Administrator Posts: 887 Pioneering
    edited September 7
    Woah @MobileGames What a list and walk down memory lane for me!

I'm an 80's kid and have fond memories of watching Finger Mouse and Words and Pictures as a little one.  Can anyone else remember the magic pencil?  

As I got a bit older I remember watching The Fun House (It's a whole lotta fun, prizes to be won!) and Mike and Angelo, until Byker Grove came along and I became a more mature, refined viewer  :D. They don't make them like they used to, do they?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

I'm not sure if Malcolm in the Middle counts as a kids programme but it's been re-run on Freeview 29 recently...I used to identify with Malcolm as a teenager...now I identify more with Hal!  :D

Can anyone else remember the magic pencil?  
    Blimey, that one is a distant memory!  The teacher wheeling in the heavy old style TV on a rickety stand that looked like it would collapse at any moment...and then spending 20 minutes trying to work the VCR player!  :D

Not TV related but that wheeled stand has just reminded me of something else that was a primary school regular...the over-head projector!  I'll bet there are plenty on here too young to have ever seen one!  :D
    Dallas

Falcon Crest

Dynasty
    The Incredible Hulk

Highway to Heaven

Mork and Mindy

Fame

• Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Administrator Posts: 887 Pioneering
    @OverlyAnxious

You reminded me of this meme  :D

Online Community Co-ordinator

edited September 7
    @Cher_Scope hahaha :D

@OverlyAnxious I remember the OHP!!!  :D We also still had blackboards at my first school until they got replaced with posh white boards :D

Apparently now Smart boards are common :open_mouth:
    edited September 8
    66Mustang said:
    @Cher_Scope hahaha :D

@OverlyAnxious I remember the OHP!!!  :D We also still had blackboards at my first school until they got replaced with posh white boards :D

Apparently now Smart boards are common :open_mouth:
    There were still quite a few blackboards at my High School, alongside the whiteboards.  Even a couple of those 'rolling' blackboards in the oldest classrooms!

Every classroom there got a Smart Board around 2007...they were generally just fitted over the top of whiteboards though and half the teachers stuck with the side of the whiteboards and conventional drywipe pens.   :D
  • GrinchyGrinchy Member Posts: 205 Pioneering
    All great shows, i've seen lots of the eighties ones mentioned, anyone remember the gerry anderson show Terrahawks, loved that, and voyage to the bottom of the sea, and thunderbirds, great shows also loved captain scarlet, gerry anderson shows were the best
    The Fantastic Journey starring Roddy McDowell
    So many great TV shows and so many ones that I'm hearing for the first time and learning about :) 

Anybody used to watch a show called Jungle Run that was on CITV? Just popped into my head now.

I'm not sure if Malcolm in the Middle counts as a kids programme but it's been re-run on Freeview 29 recently...I used to identify with Malcolm as a teenager...now I identify more with Hal!  :D

I used to love watching this @[email protected]
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    The zoo gang. Daktari. Adventures of tin tin. Torchy the battery boy.
  • Jaanu38Jaanu38 Member Posts: 24 Courageous
    I enjoyed watching Hartley Hare, Playschool, Wacky Races, Thunderbirds, Rainbow, King Rollo, Mr Benn, Bagpuss and The Jetsons. I also loved Mind Your Language, Desmonds, Love Thy Neighbour,  Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em and It Ain't 'Alf Hot Mum!!
  • DragonslayerDragonslayer Member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    I'm going back a long way
    Does anyone remember Bill and Ben. The flower pot men.😃

Alias Smith and Jones. I loved that 😀
    edited September 13
    @Dragonslayer I remember bill and Ben, as I say the earliest ones I remember are Noddy, Twizzle, Torchy the battery boy, Andy pandy and Lulu, and muffin the mule with Muriel young. I was about three and four years old.

much later I enjoyed Citizen Smith and the Lovers, and the likely lads, and Budgie with bIlly Fury.
    @leeCal I'm pleased to hear someone other than myself remembers Bill and Ben. We must be around the same age.
    I also loved the other shows you mention as well.
    Some other oldies I remember

Space 1999
    Blakes Seven
    Sapphire and Steel
    Z Cars
    The Professionals
    The Sweeney 

• WestHam06WestHam06 Community champion, Scope Volunteer Posts: 616 Pioneering
    Hi @Ross_Scope,  
                                  This is a great thread, thanks for starting it :) I remember the Teletubbies with the face in the sun and for some reason I loved the hover (The Noo Noo) but I don't know why and my love of hovers has definitely not carried on into adulthood :) I also remember the  Tweenies fondly and favourite was Jake as well as the dogs Doddle and Izzles. As I got older I enjoyed Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Robot Wars. I also remember Art Attack. Thank you. 
    WestHam06 said:
    As I got older I enjoyed Fresh Prince of Bel Air 
    I think most 90's kids can probably still remember the song word for word!   

West Philadelphia born and raised...  :D
    Oh yes...Fresh Prince, Dallas,  Dynasty, Nancy Drew, Blakes Seven, Dukes of Hazzard, Automan, Laurel and Hardy, Harold Lloyd, Sabrina, and the one with the witch who wriggled her nose!
    the one with the witch who wriggled her nose!
    Bewitched 🙂
    I forgot Just William!! Pure classic gold!
    Oh wow! Bewitched! Yes of oourse! Thank you! Also, a lot of the ones others have mentioned here... brings back so many lovely childhood memories! Especially Fame, Mork and Mindy, I also loved George and Mildred, Terry and June, Duty Free, but my all time fave American one has to be Happy Days!!
    Anyone else watch Ground Force or Changing Rooms in the late 90s?  Apparently they're not usual viewing for an under 10 year old!  :o  :D
    Hi @OverlyAnxious
                                    Completely agree, most of me and my friends can remember the words to the song, one of my favourites :) I have to say I think I remember Ground Force, please may I ask, was that the one with Charlie and Tommy? Thank you.  
    Not to mention Alan titchmarsh and his herbacious borders. Or Larry Grayson ‘shut that door’.
    WestHam06 said:
    Hi @OverlyAnxious
                                    Completely agree, most of me and my friends can remember the words to the song, one of my favourites :) I have to say I think I remember Ground Force, please may I ask, was that the one with Charlie and Tommy? Thank you.  
    Yes, that's the one!  It started with just Alan Titchmarsh but they quickly realised they needed more help in the timescle that they had.  They just walked around locally looking for more people.  Tommy was a builder and Charlie was a librarian nearby...  They then became part of the show permanently!
    One show I haven't seen mentioned so far is You've Been Framed...I'm guessing a lot of you would have watched it?

I was subjected to it every weekend and absolutely hated it!  Lots of people hurting themselves or others, plus children and animals leaking from every possible orifice.  I never did see the funny side of it!!  :#
    @OverlyAnxious I’m old enough to remember the forerunner of you’ve been framed which was candid camera, later there was Beatles about with Jeremy Beadle , then you’ve been framed. 

Esther Rantzen was in something too, was it that was the week that was? Nationwide was on every night as well, a news program.
    Noel Edmunds was in something every Saturday night. ‘Tis was. Pans people. Blankety blank. The generation game. What a lot of tv I watched.
    The Prsioner. The one with the 'bouncing' ball?
    Did anyone really understand it?
    Takeshi’s Castle!
    Hi @OverlyAnxious
                                    Oh wow, I didn't know that about Charlie and Tommy so thank you for sharing that. I think Charlie now does a gardening programme with two brothers but I've no idea what it is called? I also have to agree with you about You've Been Framed, I never saw the funny side of it either though fortunately for me it was very rarely on our television. Thank you
    WestHam06 said:
    Hi @OverlyAnxious
                                    Oh wow, I didn't know that about Charlie and Tommy so thank you for sharing that. I think Charlie now does a gardening programme with two brothers but I've no idea what it is called? I also have to agree with you about You've Been Framed, I never saw the funny side of it either though fortunately for me it was very rarely on our television. Thank you
    Yes, that'll be Garden Rescue on BBC1.  Those two brothers have previously won Gold at Chelsea!  :)
    @leeCal

The one with Esther Rantzen was That’s Life a consumer programme.
    Goober and the Ghost Chasers.

I don’t know if anyone remembers Hickory House which had a cushion in it that ate bananas😁

Tommorow's World
    edited September 16
    @RAwarrior thanks.
    i don’t remember Goober and the ghost chasers.

im surprised no one remembers Twizzle circa 1958, the books are worth a lot now.

sooty and sweep were quite good too.
    Hi @leeCal

You’re welcome😁

I don’t know Twizzle.

Do you remember Hickory House?
    I don’t know anyone who remembers it.

Goober and the Ghost Chasers was very similar to Scooby Doo.
    @RAwarrior no I don’t remember hickory house. Sometimes the regional itv stations had different programs on depending on which region you were in. That may explain it.
    Hi @leeCal

There are some clips of Hickory House on YouTube. I remember the banana eating cushion very well 🤣
    There are lots of tv programmes from the 1970s and 1980s on Youtube. 
    RAwarrior said:
    Hi @leeCal

There are some clips of Hickory House on YouTube. I remember the banana eating cushion very well 🤣
    Oh, that reminds me...  Bananas in Pyjamas!  
    Adam adamant was weird but good, a bit like Sherlock Holmes.

(what’s afoot Watson? About twelve inches Holmes.)
    I remember Bananas in Pyjamas @OverlyAnxious! It was an odd show.  :D 
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Administrator Posts: 762 Pioneering
    I don't know what you mean @Chloe_Scope? Two anthropomorphic beach patrol bananas who wear pyjamas and live with three bears and a rat. Perfectly normal.
    Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
    Bananas, in pyjamas, they're coming down the stairs

What a song!

Did anyone use to watch Art Attack?

Yes @Ross_Scope even I used to watch art attack, great program!
    Harry Worth was funny.

Did anyone use to watch Art Attack?
    Yep!  I never could understand how he made the big art attacks that were only fully visible from a distance! 

Sign in or join us to comment.