Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Keep on top of what's being talked about in our recent discussions and have your say!

Sweet or savoury? And why?

Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Administrator Posts: 852 Pioneering
Inspired by a comment from @chiarieds in the Chocolate Week thread. It's simple, when it comes to food do you prefer sweet or savoury?

Sweet or savoury? And why? 7 votes

Sweet
28% 2 votes
Savoury
71% 5 votes
Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Replies

• 66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 2,234 Disability Gamechanger
    Great thread :)

I prefer savoury to things like sweets and biscuits. Don’t get me wrong I like a snack but I usually go for the deli or the antipasti (olives, dried tomatoes, meats etc) in the supermarkets.

I also like pairing food with drink and often I find it easier to pair savoury foods  :)
  • chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 4,801 Disability Gamechanger
    As you might guess it was savoury <3 - I think it's just the way your tastebuds are. In my case I also wondered why I really liked salt. It was only about 18 years ago that I found out I had low blood pressure, which explained my 'dizzy as a coot' moments. I remember reading about postural hypotension, & a simple remedy is to use more salt & drink a little extra water. My son also has low b.p., perhaps why he also likes savoury food. :)
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 4,663 Disability Gamechanger
    Savoury for me being diabetic sweet is only for a treat 
  • leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 2,282 Pioneering
    I like sweet stuff mostly, that’s why I’m so overweight. ☹️
  • 66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 2,234 Disability Gamechanger
    leeCal said:
    I like sweet stuff mostly, that’s why I’m so overweight. ☹️
    Trust me you can get overweight by eating savoury stuff :D
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 20,617 Disability Gamechanger
    Sweet for me... chocolate, anything chocolate, cakes, muffins, cream cakes... did i mention chocolate... YUM!

Although i limit myself 6 days out of 7. I was once quite a large person up until a few years ago but now follow a healthy eating plan. I do still have treats but have to watch that weight.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Administrator Posts: 852 Pioneering
    Sweet for me... chocolate, anything chocolate, cakes, muffins, cream cakes... did i mention chocolate... YUM!

Although i limit myself 6 days out of 7. I was once quite a large person up until a few years ago but now follow a healthy eating plan. I do still have treats but have to watch that weight.

Yeah but what about chocolate though? Oh wait :D Can't blame you there, it's so yummy, I'm learning a lot lately about how much people enjoy chocolate.

I'm on the side of those of you who have picked savoury, I much prefer it to sweet. Give me a pizza any day over a bag of sweets :) 

I do love sweet though, I just feel like there's more choice when it comes to savoury food.
    Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
Sign in or join us to comment.