personal feeling — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

personal feeling

Options
Bazalad
Bazalad Community member Posts: 21 Connected
edited October 2017 in Cerebral palsy

How many things is hard for people who have a disability

Who I am

Hi I am Barry Smith and I am 38 years old from Irvine in Ayrshire, which is in Scotland. I am type this up with my big Toe, not very many can do this, you might be asking yourself why are I am doing this? This is because when where born I had a physical disability which is Cerebral Palsy, because of this I get some jumping moving in my body. Down to this I use a Power Chair when I am out but when I am in my house I get around on my bum I personal feel lucky I can do this, because not everyone who have Cerebral Palsy.

What I find hard and what like to high light to this world

When I am sign my name because of my jump moving in my hand I always come out different, what someone say to me, why don’t they make a finder print, and I was just thinking if the person find this hard they could make a nose print, if the personal find it hard to made it hard to move, of their hand, I personal think would work and help a lot of people and as well this would give someone a job, to set this up as well. Two more things I want to things I would like to high light. A few years ago I went for a d test the out come of this, they couldn't give me this because you have to be a fast type, because of this they couldn't give me this, and still don't knew to this day. One more thing I don't liked because people find it hard to understand what I am say to them I use a Content Lightwriter, what have a mobile phone apart of it, but when I telephone places liked the DSS to sort my benefits out they don't take this as own voice. when I told my Mum this she think this is a good thing because for personal save, but I don't because this is my voice.   

Comments

Brightness