Hi, my name is 01206donzarella! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is 01206donzarella!

Options
01206donzarella
01206donzarella Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I just wanted to know if you claim pip and ESA can I get help with dental implants as I cannot wear the false teethe I have had made my dentist has had several different moulds n plates with teethe on to help me cope as I have a severe gagging reflex and always gagging on them even though they have made the false teethe on the smallest plate they can now and my dentist has tried everything in her power to help me the only option now is implants but cannot afford them and this affects my life as won't go out with no teethe in my mouth for a young woman is horrible.so is there any help out there for me please x

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi @01206donzarella, and welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your teeth. Here is a list of other sources of income/reductions you may be entitled to whilst claiming PIP. There's also some information on eligibility for free dental treatment on the NHS website (mentioning income-related ESA), although I suppose it depends whether the implants would be covered by the NHS.

Have a look at the information and see what you think - I hope this helps and best of luck!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.