If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Getting a P60U from the DWP?

FrankincenseFrankincense Posts: 6Member Listener
Hi all. New member here. 
I’ve been doing Permitted Work on a self employed basis for three years now, whilst on ESA, and am due to do my tax return shortly. I have received a P60U in the post for the previous two years from the DWP, but this year, one hasn’t been forthcoming.
I’ve tried phoning them, but have sat on the phone for ages, without them replying...
In searching the web, it appears paper P60’s are being phased out, so my query is if anyone knows how to get a tally of my taxable benefits from the DWP?
Many thanks in advance 😊

Replies

• Antonia_ScopeAntonia_Scope Posts: 1,783Member Pioneering
    edited May 9
    Hi @Frankincense welcome to the community. How are you doing today?
    I am sorry to hear this. Have you been able to get in touch with them again, recently?

I'm not sure but some of our members may be able to answer your question.
  • FrankincenseFrankincense Posts: 6Member Listener
    Hi Antonia. I’m doing OK thanks...
    I’ve spent approx. 45, 35 and now 25 minutes waiting for my call to be answered by the ESA Helpline in the last three days, to no avail...
    I also went into my local JobCentre Plus, to be told phone the very number I can’t get a reply on!?
    It is a tad frustrating, and any help and advice from members with similar experiences would be appreciated...
    I am thinking of writing to the DWP to request a P60U, but am dreading them replying by saying phone the non-answering number 🤣
    Best wishes
    F 😊
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 14,921Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

DWP do still send out the P60's but i'm not sure when. It can often take as long as 1 hour for them to answer the phone and very often ringing as soon as they open is better. It's a free number to ring as well, which is good. I know waiting is annoying but writing to them isn't reliable because you may find you still won't have any answers.
    edited May 9
    Hi @Frankincense that's good to hear.
    Ah, I see that is a long wait, I can understand why you would feel frustrated. That might be a good idea and hopefully they will respond with a solution and not the number again. :)

Have you tried your local CAB or HMRC?

Thanks for the help @poppy123456

Sadly, I do my permitted work at what would appear to be the very time I am more likely to get a call answered by the DWP 😲 
    I will send off the letter, and if it has no effect, will have to bite the bullet and sit on the helpline until they answer 😊

@Antonia_Scope I did try to phone HMRC, but it was a similar message/story to the ESA Helpline, so put the phone down 🤣

Thanks again all

F 😊
  • woodbinewoodbine Posts: 168Member Pioneering
    From memory the DWP issued P60's don't usually arrive until June
    Thanks @woodbine

I’ve written to them, so if it is not forthcoming shortly, I will wait until the end of June, then ring them again 😊 

• vikingqueenvikingqueen Posts: 87Member Pioneering
    hi @Frankincense  i have just received mine in the post today, it was dated 4/5/19 so there is still time for yours to come
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Posts: 5,837Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @Frankincense, hope you are doing okay. Has there been any update about the P60? :)
    Chloe
    Online Community Officer
  • Government_needs_reformGovernment_needs_reform Posts: 844Member Pioneering
    edited May 15
    I've received a P60 today. And was dated 4th May.
    ✅👀From the Labour manifesto 21st November 2019👀✅
    ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️
    The Tories’ flagship social security programme, Universal Credit (UC),
    has been a catastrophe. It has pushed thousands of people into poverty, caused families to lose their homes and forced parents to visit food banks in order to feed their children.
    Labour will scrap UC. We will immediately stop moving people onto it and design an alternative system that treats people with dignity and respect. Our ambition in designing this system will be to end poverty by guaranteeing a minimum standard of living.
    Tory cuts are pushing people into rent arrears and leaving them at risk of homelessness. We will stop housing costs running away from benefits
    by scrapping the bedroom tax and increasing the Local Housing Allowance.
    Labour stands with and for disabled people. We will always challenge stigma and discrimination wherever it is found and support the right of disabled people to live independently and be treated with respect.
    We will stop the dehumanising Work Capability and PIP Assessments,
    which repeatedly and falsely find ill or disabled people fit to work, and make sure all assessments are done in-house.
    Time and again disabled people have had to fight through the courts to receive the support they are entitled to.

I’m doing OK thanks 😊 No sign of a P60U as yet, so I will leave it to later next week, and if it doesn’t arrive, I will endeavour to phone them 😊 Thanks for everyone’s input, and it is nice to not feel I am alone with my issue 👍

F 😊
    No problem at all @Frankincense- hope it does arrive soon! :)
    Chloe
    Online Community Officer
    @Chloe_Scope @Government_needs_reform
    I’m happy to say my P60U arrived today, dated 04/05/19, so I can now fill in my tax return.
    I’m a ‘do it yesterday’ type of person, so was panicking a bit when it didn’t show, even though I have until the end of January to do it 😊

Thanks to everyone again, much appreciated 👍

F 😊
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Posts: 4,390Administrator Scope community team
    Glad to read that it finally arrived @Frankincense.
    Eight months early, that's very proactive of you! Although much better than leaving it to the last minute. It's always a weight off the shoulders once complete. :)
    Senior Online Community Officer
    Scope
    I'm really glad to hear this @Frankincense :)
    Really happy to hear it arrived @Frankincense! That certainly is forward planning- I love it! :)
    Chloe
    Online Community Officer
Sign in or join us to comment.