Do Scope send Cold Callers out to people's houses? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do Scope send Cold Callers out to people's houses?

Options
Chuppachups
Chuppachups Community member Posts: 10 Connected
We just had two young fellas come to the door saying they where from Scope and wearing a chest plackard vest.

Comments

• Maxwell8
    Maxwell8 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I’ve just naive just had one. No ID or lynard just a ceumolwd SCOPE t-shirt over a short. Looked pretty dishevelled. Surely Scope don’t send out cold callers? 
  • charlie79
    charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    Options
    I wouldnt of thought so as scope hold your information and are protected under data protection act. Also I think they would give you warning and seek your permission before going to your address. Any person representing a charity legally have to present a id card. I would call scope to put your mind at ease and good for you questioning there motives and representation. Being couscous and questioning keeps you safe. I hope you get peace of mind with this situation. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Am I right in thinking that you sent us an email about this @Maxwell8? If so, I forwarded it onto some colleagues so that they could get back to you. If this was you, did you hear a reply from them? 

We do have face-to-face fundraisers, but my understanding is that they should usually have a photo ID badge, a letter allowing them to collect Direct Debits on Scope's behalf, and be wearing something with the Scope logo on. 

You can read more about our face-to-face fundraisers on our website.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness